Chapter Six

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel woke up in her childhood bedroom to the sound of music playing from her dad's record player. Trotting down the stairs lazily she yawed, making her way to sit at the kitchen table. Remus was making pancakes at the stove, the kettle already on the burner.

"Good Morning, love." He said without looking at her.

"Morning" she busied herself with tea.

"I invited Seren and Dylan over for breakfast, Seren said she had something to show me." He told her as he platted the pancakes.

Seren was one of their neighbors and Dylan was her son who was a year older than Noel. They are childhood friends and the two parents exchanged teaching days when Remus was sick. Both Seren and Dylan would come over for the holidays so they all had breakfast together.

Noel looked down at herself, and grimaced, "I should probably change." She said with a groan.

Remus snorted and nodded his head in agreement.

When she finally put something on that she liked she headed downstairs once more, and heard Seren's voice in the kitchen. She quickly made way and hugged her hard, "o fy nghariad, sut rydw i wedi colli chi!" (oh my love, how I've missed you!) Seren said in her thick welsh accent, hugging her back as fiercely.

"Hi Seren."

"As beautiful as ever, aye?" Seren said as she took Noel in, sling and all.

Noel laughed bashfully and took a seat at the table next to Theo. "Hello Dylan." He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Hello Noelia." She scowled at him, "That's not my name." And served herself some food.

"Wyt ti eisiau dod gyda fi i fynd i weld fy nain a nain?" (do you want to go with me to go see my grandparents?) She asked him, Dylan who nodded wordlessly his mouth full with food.

When they go to the cemetery they usually walk together, he would visit his dad and she would visit her grandparents. The walk there was pretty long so they used that time to talk and catch up.

It was around noon when they finally made their way out, they let their parents know where they were going so they took their time, even though it was cold out.

"So how's school?" Dylan asked first.

"It's been good, I made a new friend and with my dad there it's been easier." she told him.

He nodded his head, "are you going to tell me what happened to your arm? I keep thinking that you tripped." he laughed, as he knows how uncoordinated she is.

"Some kids tripped me," she shrugged nonchalantly.

Dylan looked surprised, "Why? Did you tell your dad?"