Chapter Fifty Six

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel's knee bounced up and down, waiting for Harry to wake up. The quidditch match had been a disaster, resulting in Harry ending up in the hospital wing after McLaggen had taken possession of the beater's bat.

She was grateful that she had painted her nails because she was sure she would've been chewing them up from the worry.

"He's going to quite alright, dear." Madam Pomfrey said as she wrapped his head with bandages. Noel nodded and rubbed her nose anxiously.

She waited until Madam Pomfrey had gone into her office so she could heal him herself. Her head had been pounding since she arrived. She sat at the edge of his bed and smiled smallish at the sight of his hair, sticking up everywhere. She placed her hands gently at either side of his head and let her body relax, the warmth of her powers taking away the chill of the room.

Harry lazily blinked, his eyes opened and groaned, his hand coming to his head. "What the fuck?"

Noel chuckled, making him smile at the sound. He gave her a lopsided smile, "Hi."

Noel couldn't help but laugh at his dopey expression. "Hello, cariad. Are you feeling alright?"

"Fantastic. What happened to me?"

"Cracked skull." Noel said unpleasantly, kissing him gently.

"I'm going to kill McLaggen." Harry grunted, trying and failing to sit up.

Noel pushed him down, "I jinxed him if that helps any."

Harry smiled and eased back down. "You did?"

"Of course I did. He nearly killed my boyfriend." Noel rolled her eyes.

They gazed at one another for a few beats before a cough made them look away.

"Glad you decided to drop in, mate." Ron said grinning. "Hey, Ginny stopped by earlier. She reckons you only just arrived on time for the match. How come? You left here early enough."

"Yeah... well, I saw Malfoy sneaking off with a couple of girls who didn't look like they wanted to be with him, and that's the second time he's made sure he isn't down on the Quidditch pitch with the rest of the school; he skipped the last match too, remember?" Harry sighed. "Wish I'd followed him now, the match was such a fiasco..."

"Don't be stupid," said Ron sharply. "You couldn't have missed a Quidditch match just to follow Malfoy, you're the Captain!"

Noel frowned, feeling out of the loop. "Why are you so interested in Malfoy? I thought you said Dumbledore told you not to worry about him."

"I don't believe him. Malfoy is up to something and I need to figure out what it is."

Noel stood up and looked down at him, "Don't be stupid Harry. I'm serious." She said sternly.