Chapter Sixty Seven

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

"She got away My Lord."

"She got away?" The man hissed, his voice icy and sinister. "Were you dropped as a child, Rockwood? How hard is it to get a girl!" Voldemort yelled, making the other man whimper.

"Her magic. My Lord, she set my hand on fire." Rockwood tried.

"I'm sorry, My Lord. I will get her next time."

"No. You're done."

"My Lord?"

"This was your only chance to redeem yourself, Rockwood, and you've disappointed me. You're done."

Noel woke up in a cold sweat, she didn't understand why she was seeing Voldemort again. Displeased it seemed like she ruined whatever redemption Rockwood was building himself.  Unable to sleep, Noel got up and shuffled out of her bedroom to make herself some tea. The only good thing about Noel's family living in a forest in Wales is the fact that they can't be seen easily, or followed.

Mr Weasley had told Remus a couple of days prior that they were being watched by Death Eaters. They were hoping Harry would turn up and ask them for aid. It seemed like they didn't know about his connection to Noel, so they were after her for a completely different reason. Noel fleetingly wondered why, she didn't flaunt her magic, so how they learned about it, puzzled her.

Gazing out the kitchen window, she watched as the trees swayed in the summer breeze. Noel felt antsy, she needed something to do. She was part of the Order but it seemed like no one was putting her up for any jobs. Noel was no fighter by any means but she was quick on her feet.

With a sense of dread she realized that she wouldn't be able to do anything without a disguise if Death Eaters were looking for her.

Noel dumped the remainder of her tea, ran to her bedroom, put on a cloak and hat and quickly Disapperated to the nearby shop.

She came back an hour later, she passed by Theo's room and her dads were they're loud snoring echoed in the quiet house. She shushed Hades who's nails scratched the wood floor and pushed him into the bathroom.

Noel stared at herself in the mirror, her freckles standing out, and her eyes brightened. Taking a shaky breath in, she grabbed a pair of scissors and cut her once waist-length hair to her mid-back. "Noel, that took you three years to grow."  She muttered to herself.

She knew she could've dyed her hair with magic but the idea of doing it herself, with her own two hands, it gave her a bit of a serotonin boost. So reading the instructions carefully and following every step, it only took Noel from being honey brown to a blonde.

"Holy shit."

She didn't even recognize herself. "What do you think Hay?" She asked, turning to look at Hades who barked. "Yeah, it'll take some time getting used to." She nodded sympathetically.