Chapter Sixteen

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Morning had come and Noel woke up with high spirits. As she made her way down to breakfast the hall was empty as it usually was on Sunday mornings. She grabbed a blueberry scone and some tea. She didn't stay long in the hall trying to get to the library early as she was in dire need for new reading material.

Madam Pince was a strange character in Noel's opinion. In all honesty the woman seemed to enjoy the silence that the library provided than the actual children in there as she had a tendency to scold anyone who talked over a dying whisper. Noel was quiet on her own so she had never been on the receiving end of the heated glare from the librarian but she had seen it before and it was truly vile.

Remus had sent Noel a letter of book of recommend-ations. He had been enjoying his job at the community library and sent Noel tons of book titles he had read so she could read them as well if he thought it was something she would enjoy. They had similar taste so almost everything that he had sent over, Noel had enjoyed most of them except for a few that she had had to abandon, for either being dreadfully boring or they were hard to get into.

Noel gently ran her fingers though the worn out spines and made her way to the Muggle Literature section. Noel enjoyed works by Jane Austin and Emily Brontë as well as Shakespeare. Her favorite book was 'Little Women'; it was one of the first books she had read to Harry.

When she spotted 'Julius Cesar' the book that was first written on the list of her dad's recommendations, Noel grabbed it in triumph and made her way towards the courtyard after checking out her book.

The weather was nice. Noel had always preferred the cold. It was easier to bundle up then feel like she was melting from the inside. She sat down under her usual willow tree; the branches provided some shade from the early morning sunlight.

Noel was halfway done with her book when she noticed an unusual shade blocking the light. Looking up, her face broke into a soft smile when she saw Harry and Hermione standing there.

"Hello Harry." Noel greeted him softly, moving to the side, as he approached her and sat down.

"What is it?" She asked when she saw the expression on Harry's face, when he didn't answer she turned to Hermione who was chewing on her lip anxiously.

"I met with Hagrid last night." Harry said. Noel nodded, encouraging him to elaborate.

"How did that go?"

"Dragons." Harry said plainly. Noel furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Dragons?"

"The first task is dragons. Big, fiery, scaly dragons. They were huge Noel. How am I supposed to get past one of those." Harry said, distressed.

Noel stayed quiet for a few minutes trying to remember the rules of the tournament. She knew that the champions were allowed to use their wands only so Harry had to find a spell that would help him. A spell that he was capable of mastering easily.