Chapter Forty One

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel was walking with Luna and Ginny down the corridor when all three girls heard Harry's voice. He was yelling pretty loudly.

All three looked at each other and made way to the classroom where his screams were coming from.

Ginny walked in first, Harry, Ron and Hermione all whipped around to see who had entered.

"Hi," said Ginny uncertainly. "We recognized Harry's voice — what are you yelling about?"

"Never you mind," said Harry roughly.
Ginny raised her eyebrows.

"There's no need to take that tone with me," she said coolly. "I was only wondering whether I could help."

"Well, you can't," said Harry shortly.

"You're being rather rude, you know," said Luna serenely.

Harry swore and turned away. The very last thing he wanted now was a conversation with Luna.

"Wait," said Hermione suddenly. "Wait . . . Harry, they can help." Harry and Ron looked at her.

"Listen," she said urgently, "Harry, we need to establish whether Sirius really has left headquarters —"

"I've told you, I saw —"

"Harry, I'm begging you, please!" said Hermione desperately.

"Please let's just check that Sirius isn't at home before we go charging off to London — if we find out he's not there then I swear I won't try and stop you, I'll come, I'll d-do whatever it takes to try and save him —"

"Sirius is being tortured NOW!" shouted Harry. "We haven't got time to waste —"

"But if this is a trick of V-Voldemort's — Harry, we've got to check, we've got to —"

"How?" Harry demanded. "How're we going to check?"

"Harry, why don't you use your mirror? Sirius said to use it for emergencies." Noel suggested, but he shook his head, "No we don't have time. I'm going to be wasting my time going to the tower and calling him in the mirror if he's not even in London!"

"Harry! What if he isn't at... wherever you think he's at. He said to use the mirror! That's way easier and we won't get caught doing anything wrong!" Noel argued.

Harry was having none of it, "No! There isn't any time!"

"We'll have to use Umbridge's fire and see if we can contact him," said Hermione, who looked positively terrified at the thought. "We'll draw Umbridge away again, but we'll need lookouts, and that's where we can use Ginny and Luna."

Though clearly struggling to understand what was going on, Ginny said immediately, "Yeah, we'll do it," and Luna said, "When you say 'Sirius,' are you talking about Stubby Boardman?"