Chapter Thirteen

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel was in the Owlery visiting Asra. She noticed that he and Hedwig were cuddling together. She pet Asra gently letting him peck her affectionately.

Harry was making his way up the stairs spotting Noel with her owl who was nestled with Hedwig.

"Why is she so angry at you?" Noel asked amused, when she saw that Hedwig had turned her tail to Harry.

"I got a letter yesterday from Sirius and I sort of snapped at her," Harry huffed. Noel raised her eyebrows looking at Asra who looked offended for his friends.

"It's okay Az I won't ever be mad and grumpy at you," she laughed as the owl hooted.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her, he noticed she didn't have a letter.

"My dad sent me a letter yesterday, sending me some galleons, he told me everything was good back at home."

"Oh?"

"Yep. He finally sent my permission slip so I can go to Hogsemead this year. I told him not to because then he would have to send money that he needs for his potions but you know he feels guilty for some reason that I don't try to comprehend, because he always gives me a face when I tell him I don't want any money that we need for food and things but..." She trailed off, shrugging.

"With my dad being registered now it's impossible for him to get a job in the wizarding world and in the muggle one he needs sick days every month, no one wants to have a sick employee."

She dragged a hand through her hair tugging a little at the roots, Harry gave her a pitiful look which she glared at, not wanting any pity from him.

"I don't want your pity, I'm just saying, it's hard."

Harry pretended to look around, not knowing what to say to make the situation better. "Are you going to send the letter or are you heading to breakfast?" Noel asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Hedwig stuck her foot out letting Harry tie the letter and she flew off.

"Why did Sirius send you a letter?' Noel asked as they walked down the path.

"My scar was hurting during the summer, and I had been having weird nightmares. I had written to Sirius telling him but now he told me he's coming back, and he can't come back because he's still wanted. I don't want him to be in danger."

"Has your scar hurt before? Did you write to him before or after the quidditch cup?' she asked curiously.

'It has hurt before. During first year when Quirrel had Voldemoret on the back of his head. I wrote to him before the cup. Why?" Harry asked when he saw the concentrated look on her face.

"Your scar is related to Voldemort obviously and it can't be a coincidence it's started to hurt again. You told me what Trelawany told you last year Harry. Seerers are no joke. I know she's quite batty but don't underestimate her. This could mean that Voldemort will rise again."