Chapter Twenty Nine

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

"Thank you for being there today." Remus said. He and Sirius had gone to the drawing room like they did most nights while everyone in the house slept.

Remus liked the company.

"Of course. She scared me shitless."

"I'm sorry," Remus told him, feeling bad.

Sirius waved a dismissive hand, "Don't. I'm glad I was there to help. Can I ask something?"

"Depends."

"I don't mean to be invasive or anything, it's more curiosity than malice, maybe even a bit of a selfish question."

Remus nodded for him to go, slightly distracted from his book.

"Noel is older than Harry, by a pretty big amount, what more than 6 months?"

"Yeah?" Remus asked, finally focusing all his attention on Sirius who was pacing up and down.

"She was conceived," Sirius cringed at the word, "in March. Let's just say after your birthday so you were 19. Moony, how did you have her at 19? We were still together."

Remus looked at him confused, because that was completely wrong. "No we weren't."

"Yes we were, I remember us being together."

"Sirius, you broke up with me, remember? After Lily's birthday? I had to go on a mission right after... I came home, got drunk had sex and then 9 months later there's a baby at my doorstep."

"We got back together when you came back..." Sirius said, now remembering all the details.

"Mhm, you left when I got her then came back when I told you everything. Sirius, we've had this conversation before... you don't remember?" Remus said, looking at him worriedly.

"I don't remember..." Sirius whispered, flopping down next to him on the couch. "I don't remember a lot."

"That's alright. I'm here to remind you."

They looked at each other and Sirius forgot what it felt like to be seen like that. He missed this. He missed Moony.

Sirius bowed his head bashfully. Too overwhelmed to say anything. Thankfully he was saved when Remus yawned loudly, he stood up bid him a good night and went to his bedroom.

The next few days had gone by with no news from Dumbledore. Noel had assumed as much and wasn't too bothered. Unlike her dad and Sirius who you could be seen glaring at anyone who brought his name up in conversation. Unfortunately, Noel was no longer able to go out anymore. She felt like a prisoner, Sirius had also been taking it very hard, he hated the house and now he wasn't allowed to go out at all.