Chapter Fifty

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Halfway through October came their first trip of the term to Hogsmeade. Noel was surprised that they were still allowing the trips, considering the tight security that was enforced this year. Heading down to breakfast with Luna. Noel had accepted defeat and ultimately decided that it was too cold for her to go in one of her usual outfits so putting on a long-sleeve and cardigan, she also grabbed her winter cloak, a scarf, and some gloves, as well as some earmuffs because her ears always get cold.

After breakfast, Noel looked at the cloudy sky and decided that it was far too cold to go to Hogesmead. Regrettably, she and Luna made their way back to their common room.

Looking outside where Filch was waiting at the Oak doors she spotted Harry and his friends getting checked to go out, like he had felt her, Harry turned to look at her. Noel waved, telling Luna that she'll meet her in the common room, and walked over, to say hi.

"Hello, Harry James."

"Hi, are you not going?" He asked her.

"It's far too cold and I have homework that I've been slacking off. Also, I want to spend time with Luna."

"Yeah, too cold," Harry nodded in agreement , looking outside at the harsh winds. "You're going to have to tell me what you and Luna got up to when I come back."

"Oh, yeah, Luna and I have this really, really deep, deep, love for causing chaos; y'know some would say that I out beat you." Noel smirked.

"Oh, I bet. I bet you round up all the nargles to do the dirty work for you." Harry joked. Noel laughed and stepped closer to hug him. Hooking her chin on his shoulder she took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?"

"I have a feeling..." she muttered.

"Yeah?"

"I feel like something bad will happen today," Noel told him. "Is that crazy?"

"No, but I'm sure it's nothing, love."

Noel stepped away and looked over his shoulder to see Ron and Hermione waiting, "You should go. I'll see you later."

"Noel." Harry sighed, he could tell something wrong. She looked like she always did when she let her anxiety run through her mind. "Noel, is it just a feeling or are you anxious? Because if you're anxious you have to let me know so I can help you."

"It's just a feeling," she said skittishly, "I'm always anxious you know that, nothing too big, just the fact that I haven't done any of my essays for Slughorn in protest, but that means that my grade is falling so I actually have to to do them now, but my point," she said taking a calming breath, "is that I just have a feeling."

"Okay, well, when I come back you have to let me know if it's gone away."

"I'll do that. Harry, you really have to go. I'll see you later." Noel kissed his cheek before he could say anything and quickly made her way around the corner.