Chapter Seventy Six

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Ever since Theo had moved into the Lupin cottage he had been having a difficult time adjusting to his new surroundings. When he had met Noel in their third year it was quite obvious that the two didn't have the same upbringings.

She was unorthodox and witty when she wanted to be. It was clear to him that they had too many differences, she was too optimistic and he had assumed it was because she had a loving childhood.

He was broody and sarcastic. Life had taught him hard life lessons at a young age. His abusive father made sure that his son knew right from wrong, (even though their right was wrong.) His mother had passed away when he was nine, from a blood curse that Healers had told his father was hereditary.

He was completely isolated, his mother had been the kindest person he had ever had the pleasure of knowing and she was gone. He spent 2 years living day by day with his absent father in a cold and dreary house, far away from everyone. It was a big manor that sat on top of a hill overlooking the ocean. He had always enjoyed the view, his room was the only room with light in it.

He wasn't allowed any pets and his only company was the elderly house elf that resided in the kitchen. His name was Dew, a beautiful name that represented the light sprinkle of rain after every morning that let the plants grow.

Dew helped Theo grow. Grow to honor his mother and her glorious beauty. Grow to be the best person he could be even though his father had stripped any light from him.

When he had run away, he ran with the thought of honoring his mother and making her proud. Because although she was trapped in a loveless marriage, he didn't have to be a prisoner any longer. He could have a life that was full of joy.

Although weary and emotionally drained he accepted their help. And became accustomed to their unconditional support. It was strange, he often felt like an intruder, and wondered how he had ended up in a house with people like them. The ones his father had said were scum and good for nothing's.

He shakes his head whenever his father's venom infects his thoughts.

Now he has lived with the Lupin's for almost 2 years and he finally feels comfortable calling their small cottage his home. His home was wherever his mother was, but now it's where Remus and Noel live and love. It's where Hades tracks dirt, where Mars shoots fire, where Ringo annoyingly opens drawers and where Asra hoots. It's where he has a comfortable bed and warm atmosphere.

Things have changed, the Wizarding World is in shambles but when he's there, with his family, with his guardian and sister he feels okay. He hadn't felt okay in a while, and it was a welcoming feeling.

There were things that he had to get used to like the endless amounts of dog hair and marmalade Sundays; which was a tradition Noel's family had of eating toast and marmalade for Sunday breakfast... every Sunday. He also had to get used to not being an only child, which was something he and Noel had to tackle. Who knew siblings could fight like cats and dogs one minute then love each other the next. It was madness.