Chapter Sixty Eight

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel stood on the front porch waiting for her dad. It was the morning after the full ad he had hesitantly agreed to let her meet some of the people he had been transforming with. The chilly weather made Noel shiver, she had Harry's quidditch jumper on and a jacket on top to keep her warm.

Remus had appeared in front of her looking tired and jagged, she ran over to keep him from toppling over. "Are you okay?" She asked, taking him all in. He didn't seem to have any injuries, other than the typical one he gets from transforming. He just looked extremely tired.

"I'm fine," He said through ragged breaths, "let's get going." Noel clutched his hand tightly, and the two Disapperated to the outskirts of Scotland.

Arriving, Noel was confused as to where they would hide, it seemed like it was just rolling hills and mountains. "Do you see that little cove over there? That's where they're at, let's go."

Remus walked beside Noel, a bit amused as she kept slipping on some of the rocks. "At least you wore normal clothes today."

"Yeah, it was bloody freezing when I woke up." Noel said, watching her every step. "Do they know I'm coming? I don't want to upset anyone there."

"I let them know the day before the full, not everyone stayed just because they want to keep their identities private, but a few stayed, especially the younger ones who don't want scars."

Noel nodded, and looped their arms together, she gripped his arm tightly as they got closer.

Noel stood behind Remus, when they arrived. The people there were sitting around a fire, blankets around each other. Noel laid her head on her dads back, her head was buzzing and she instantly felt her blood rushing through her veins.

The werewolves looked up, getting to their feet, they knew Noel was coming, but her magic had instantly hit them, frightened their senses. A woman with short dark hair, and olive skin moved forward, she was standing rigid as she stared at the two and Noel could feel that she was the pack's leader.

"Are you goin' to introduce us or what, Lupin?" She said, her voice rough, with a bit of edge.

"Liah, this is my daughter, Noel. Noel, this is Liah." Remus said, pushing Noel in front of him.

"Hello."

"Mm, your father told us about you and your particular desire to help us. He can babble all night long about you but I want to hear it from you, what is it that you want from us?"

Noel tilted her head, "I want nothing from you. I just want to help."

"But why?"

"Well, I have the ability to help people so why not help you?"

"I don't know how sheltered you've been, but witches and wizards like you aren't keen on helping people like us."

"I know that. I obviously know that. I didn't grow up believing that society made my dad's condition easy for him. I obviously know that you're discriminated against. That's exactly why I want to help you. I am one person, a person that is willing to help and heal whoever wants it, I'm not doing this for some sort of payment or glory, I am simply doing this because I want to help. I want to help the people who are just like my dad."