Chapter Twenty Eight

<CW: Blood, nightmares,>

—— ϟ ——

On August 12th it was the ministry hearing. Noel could see that Harry was very nervous. After his birthday he had spent a lot of time with Sirius and when he wasn't with Sirius he was using the pensieve, probably committing the images to memory.

The morning of, Noel was awake with her dad, Mr and Mrs Weasley, Tonks as well as Sirius. Hades had woken her up at the crack ass of dawn to use the bathroom and with a lot of groaning and stumbling Noel had taken him out before he had an accident. Again.

Tonks wouldn't stop yawning having been on duty all night. She looked like she was seconds away from passing out cold.

Noel was besides Sirius who was grumbling, apparently Dumbledore had told him that he couldn't go with Harry. She was trying to read but his muttering was getting increasingly annoying.

Mrs Weasley leapt to her feet the moment Harry walked into the kitchen.

"Breakfast," she said as she pulled out her wand and hurried over to the fire.

"M-m-morning, Harry," yawned Tonks. Her hair was blonde and curly this morning. "Sleep all right?"

"Yeah," said Harry.

"I've b-b-been up all night," she said, with another shuddering yawn. "Come and sit down..." She drew out a chair, knocking over the one beside it in the process.

"What do you want, Harry?" Mrs. Weasley called. "Porridge? Muffins? Kippers? Bacon and eggs? Toast?"

"Just — just toast, thanks," said Harry.

Mrs. Weasley placed a couple of pieces of toast and marmalade in front of him; he tried to eat, but it was like chewing carpet. Mrs. Weasley sat down on his other side and started fussing with his T-shirt, tucking in the label and smoothing out creases across the shoulders. He wished she wouldn't.

". . . and I'll have to tell Dumbledore I can't do night duty tomorrow, I'm just t-t-too tired," Tonks finished, yawning hugely again.

"I'll cover for you," said Mr. Weasley. Mr. Weasley was not wearing wizard's robes but a pair of pinstriped trousers and an old bomber jacket. He turned from Tonks to Harry. "How are you feeling?"

Harry shrugged.

"It'll all be over soon," Mr. Weasley said bracingly. "In a few hours' time you'll be cleared."

Harry said nothing. "The hearing's on my floor, in Amelia Bones's office. She's Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and she's the one who'll be questioning you."

"Amelia Bones is okay, Harry," said Tonks earnestly. "She's fair, she'll hear you out." Harry nodded, still unable to think of anything to say.

"Don't lose your temper," said Sirius abruptly. "Be polite and stick to the facts." Harry nodded again.