Chapter Forty Seven

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

The night before they had to leave for Hogwarts, Noel and the girls got their trunks ready. Mrs Weasley had explained to them that they got Ministry cars again. Remus had also stopped by for dinner to bid his kids good-bye.

"Do you wanna see something?" Noel said mysteriously. Remus played along and asked her what she was hiding. Noel produced her pin and showed him. A huge smile broke onto his face and he congratulated her enthusiastically. "Jellybean, well done! Oh, love, this is so amazing."

Noel smiled bashfully, and put it back. "Hopefully I do a good job. This is... a lot of pressure."

"Noel, I don't know who would do a better job. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks dad." Noel cleared her throat and took a sip of her tea to calm her flaming cheeks. "I think I'm going to leave Hades this year. Bill offered to take care of him, I just. Last year he was a lot of responsibility and now with Head Girl and my N.E.W.T.s I won't be able to take care of him properly."

"I was thinking the same thing. N.E.W.T.s year was hard for me and I can't imagine how much more stressful it would've been if I had a dog to take care of. Asra is staying again, I need him for Order missions."

"Um... speaking of Order missions. I heard through the grapevine that Greyback would be visiting Knockturn Alley frequently." Noel said, looking around.

"The grapevine? Who–"

"Just... the grapevine. Anyway this um... source is reliable so I would definitely check it out."

Remus raised an eyebrow at her, "is the source in the room with us?" He asked, looking around and turning to give Noel a pointed look.

Noel gave him a sweet smile and stood up, "Of course not! Well... long day tomorrow I uh... better get to bed." She gave her dad a kiss and ran up the stairs.

Their departure the following morning was smoother than usual. The Ministry cars glided up to the front of the Burrow to find them waiting, trunks packed; Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, safely enclosed in his traveling basket; and Hedwig; Ron's owl, Pigwidgeon; Noel's bowtruckle and dragon; and Ginny's new purple Pygmy Puff, Arnold, in cages.

"Au revoir, 'Arry," said Fleur throatily, kissing him good-bye. Ron hurried forward, looking hopeful, but Ginny stuck out her foot and Ron fell, sprawling in the dust at Fleur's feet. Furious, red-faced, and dirt-spattered, he hurried into the car without saying good-bye. Noel smirked and gave him a loud kiss on the cheek, once she made it into the car, making him grumble.

At King's Cross Station, two grim-faced, bearded Aurors in dark Muggle suits moved forward the moment the cars stopped and, flanking the party, marched them into the station without speaking.

"Quick, quick, through the barrier," said Mrs. Weasley, who seemed a little flustered by this austere efficiency. "Harry had better go first, with —" She looked inquiringly at one of the Aurors, who nodded briefly, seized Harry's upper arm, and attempted to steer him toward the barrier between platforms nine and ten. "I can walk, thanks," said Harry irritably, jerking his arm out of the Auror's grip.