Chapter Seven

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel was walking down the corridors back from feeding Padfoot when she saw Harry sitting down near a suit of armor. "How were your lessons?" Harry jumped at her voice obviously being deep in thought. She smirked and sat next to him on the ground.

"They went okay, I guess." He shrugged, internally debating whether Remus has told Noel anything about his acquaintance with Black.

"Noel?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh— has your dad ever mentioned that he was friends with my dad?"

Noel huffed out a breath and set her eyes on Harry. "He has, when I was little he would tell me about Hogwarts and he mentioned James once or twice." Noel answered honestly.

"Was he friends with Black?"

Noel hummed thoughtfully, "Maybe, they were in the same year and house. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be."

"The last hogsmeade trip I found out that Black is my godfather. He was my parents' best man at their wedding. That he was their secret-keeper." Harry told Noel who was listening intently. "And apparently now he's looking for me." Harry muttered

"That must be really hard to digest Harry." She told him. "I'm very sorry for what happened to your parents. I know people praise you for being the one to defeat Voldemort but they never are sympathetic towards you losing your mum and dad and I am truly sorry." Noel said gently.

Harry bowed his head, willing himself not to cry because no one had ever told him that before, no one had recognized his loss and it feels so good to have the loss of his parents recognized.

"Thank you," he sniffed slightly. He felt a pair of arms go around his shoulder and he let her hug him. "It's okay to be sad, Harry. You are allowed to be sad, you can mourn for them for however long you please."

His tears were falling freely now, slightly wetting her shirt but she didn't let go of him and he didn't want her to.

He smiled bashfully when they pulled apart he wiped his tears and stood up and offered his hand to her. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Good night Harry."

January turned to February and Harry still didn't have his Firebolt back. They were due to play against Ravenclaw the upcoming match and Wood was worried they wouldn't make it to the cup if he didn't get his broom back.

Noel was spending a lot of time with her dad and when she wasn't she was in the cave with Padfoot. She had really grown to love the dog but knew it wasn't a good idea to tell anyone about him.

Harry told her that the lessons with Lupin were going well but they were moving too slowly, Noel simply told him to trust the process.

The day of the quidditch match everyone stopped to see Harry's Firebolt pointing and looking at it in awe. Noel stood behind Harry and looked at the broom with an unimpressed look, "Ah, so is this the new broom everyone's been talking about?" She asked him, Harry turned his head to look at her.