Chapter Thirty Six

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel woke up the next morning with a big pile of presents at the end of her bead. Surprised, Noel looked at the wearily, debating whether or not they were truly hers. Checking the tags, it confirmed that they were for her.

She got a small manual surprisingly from Professor Grubbly-Plank on how to take care of Bowtruckles. From Tonks she got a few stationary quills and a few shades of lipsticks, from Sirius she got a new pair of earrings, from Theo she got a pair of ballet shoes, an odd gift when she first opened it but then she remembered their conversation during the summer. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley got her a hand-knitted sweater, it was navy blue, the borders a gold color. From Harry she got a locket, a very touching gift and from her dad she got some new books.

Getting up, Noel fed Mars, Ringo and Asra who had hooted and shrilled happily when he saw Noel the day before. Once they were fed and taken care of, Noel threw the sweater on and walked down to the kitchen to feed Hades who was trotting behind her happily, all of her other pets on his back. Noel laughed at how ridiculous they must look.

Unfortunately, not everyone was having a good Christmas morning. Mrs Weasley was crying at the kitchen table with an open parcel in front of her. Her dad was there consoling her trying to calm her down. Sitting on her other side Noel laid her head down on Mrs Weasley's shoulder.

"He'll come around, y'know. Sooner or later but I'm sorry that he returned your gift. On the bright side I know everyone else loved it, I could definitely force them to wear theirs if it'll make you feel better."

Mrs. Weasley cracked a smile but she was looking at Percy's returned jumper with a great deal of sadness. "I'm being silly, the holidays are meant to be for joy."

"You're not being silly." Remus said, "But you're right. They are for joy so let's enjoy the Chritsmas morning and later we'll go and see Arthur."

Remus and Noel set out to make breakfast insisting that Molly take a break and enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate. While they cooked they set up the radio and Mrs Weasley happily sang to Celestina Warbeck. As they were finishing with the food all the kids had finally come down, looking at Mrs Weasley first to see how she was but they were relieved that she was smiling and chatting with Remus.

Noel left her dad to manage the kitchen as she went over and sat with them. Sitting next to Theo as always all the kids talked about the gifts they had gotten. "Ballet shoes?" Noel smirked, turning to Theo.

"You have an excuse to start it again," he shrugged. "Besides, you could just hang them up like your old room."

"Lessons are expensive and anyhow we have school, it's not like Hogwarts has a dancing class. But thank you, I'll definitely do something with them."

"You're welcome. Thank you for my gift as well. It was very nice of you."

The journey to St. Mungo's was quite quick, as there was very little traffic on the roads. A small trickle of witches and wizards were creeping furtively up the otherwise deserted street to visit the hospital. They strolled casually toward the window where the dummy in green nylon stood, then, one by one, stepped through the glass.