Chapter Fifteen

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

The weeks passed by and Noel felt like time was charmed to speed by faster. She could tell Harry was miserable with everything going on around him.

The article Rita Skeeter wrote was a bunch of rubbish making it easier for people to pick on Harry. She had spent her detention with Harry and Ron, and she couldn't help but cringe at the tense atmosphere.

He had started to spend more time with Noel and Hermione, he liked them he really did and he did enjoy spending time with Noel but when you're best friends with Hermione you usually spend all your time in the library.

A frequent topic was the fact that Harry was missing Ron but any time Hermione brought it up Harry would shut it down immediately saying that if he and Ron were going to be friends again Ron had to apologize first.

Noel liked spending time with them both she did but Harry was quite broody and it really made her feel like if she said anything that would upset him he would bite her head off.

On the Saturday before the first task the students 3rd year and up were allowed to visit Hogsmeade for a Hogsmeade trip.

Hermione told Harry that it would do him good to get away from the castle for a bit, and Harry didn't need much persuasion.

Noel felt giddy herself this would be the first time she was able to go to the village and she wasn't going to let anything ruin it for her. Even if Harry insisted on using his cloak when going out.

Noel walked with a skip in her step as she saw the village and really it wasn't any different from Diagonally but there were new shops that she could window shop and really that's what she was most excited about. She could hear Hermione grumbling about something behind her but she wasn't paying attention.

They eventually made their way to the Three Broomstick which was packed with students. Noel lead them to a corner where she was sure they wouldn't be bothered but were stopped when Rita Skeeter walked into the pub with a photographer friend.

Rita walked past Hermione without acknowledgement but stopped when she spotted Noel. Rita took her in and Noel noticed an evil glit to her eye.

Noel looked at her wearily and did not feel at all comfortable under her scrutiny. Noel began to fidget when Rita beckoned the photographer over.

"Noel Lupin is it? I've heard a lot about you. With your fathers, er— condition and your friendship status with Harry Potter people would be delighted to get an article with you." She said her voice was sickly sweet. It made Noel's stomach churn.

Before Rita could get her hands on her, Hagrid entered the pub. His tall frame caught the attention of some around him including Rita's who turned to roll her eyes but when she turned back Noel was gone from her seat.

Noel dug her fingernails into her palm as she resisted the urge to fidget as she watched Rita move away from their table. She was under the cloak with Harry who had saved her from the horrible interaction. She turned her head slightly and had failed to notice how limited space there was until her and Harry's noses brushed. He blushed beet red and Noel quickly lifted the cloak off of herself.

Noel fixed her hair and felt Harry shift away from her in the booth. She turned her head and smiled at Moody and Hagrid as the two Professors stopped at their table.

"All right Hermione, Noel." Hagrid said loudly.

"Hello." Hermione greeted him back.

"Nice cloak, Potter."

Noel raised her eyebrows when Moody greeted Harry.

"Can your eye — I mean, can you — ?"

"Yeah, it can see through Invisibility Cloaks," Moody said quietly. "And it's come in useful at times, I can tell you."

Hagrid beamed down at them as he leaned down the table reading the S.P.E.W papers Hermione had laid out. As subtle as he could, he handed Harry a letter. He stood up straight and bade them farewell, following Moody out.

"Hagrid wants me to meet him later tonight." Harry spoke up.

"Be careful Harry. Take the cloak with you and manage your time. Hopefully whatever he has to show you wouldn't take long, so you have time to talk to Sirius." Hermione told him.

"Tell him I said 'hi' for me." Noel smiled as she thought about Padfoot, missing the dog, who she had spent a lot of time with the previous year.

After they had gone back to the castle the 3 made their way to their own common room. Entering her's, Noel spotted Luna sitting on one of the air chairs in front of the fire while she read a book.

"What are you reading?" Noel asked, as she approached her. Luna looked up and showed her the title.

"It's a book about all the rules and traditions the tournament has. I read that after the second task there's a dance." Luna told her, she arranged herself so Noel could sit down next to her. "It's only for 4th years and above, however."

"I've always wanted to go to a ball." Luna said wistfully. Noel looked at Luna, safe to say if there was a ball she knows who she'll be asking.

"I love dancing." Noel looked around the room and spotted the record layer that they had displayed. She stood up and put a record on. "Do you know how to waltz?" Noel asked Luna, extending her hand out so the blonde could take it.

Luna smiled widely and grasped her hand gently. The two waltzed in place for a while until they started moving around the room dramatically, some Ravenclaws joining in. They all laughed and danced around the room.

The air was care-free and fun. Noel looked around the room and saw everyone there had smiles on their faces, everyone was enjoying their time and having fun within each other's space. She looked at Luna who had switched partners and was grateful that she had her to call her a friend.

A while later everyone had gone to bed. Noel laid awake at night and stared at the starry ceiling feeling at peace. For once in her life she had gotten out of her shell and showed people a different side of herself and it felt amazing to finally begin to accept yourself.

Noel turned in bed, as she thought about the dancing that the common room did. A flash of emerald green eyes kept popping onto her head. Deeply wishing he had been there to dance as well.