Chapter 7

"The other pack hunters will be here tomorrow. Some villagers saw when he leapt into your room; although some also mentioned that he later left strong like he took an antidote to the poisonous arrow, but no one believed that part. Every Pack hunter is out there glad that the vampire gave out himself by leaping into the room of a pack hunter. Lola, do you even know what you have done?" Dad's voice sounded like he was crying; he looked so pained to the core as he said those words, breathing heavily.

"And we told them that our daughter would have chained the vampire, since our poisoned arrows had badly injured him. It was already midnight, so they had all gone to bed happily, waiting for tomorrow to have him brought to the Alpha for prosecution. Now, how will I tell them that my daughter didn't only free the man, but also offered him the antidote to the poison? making the other ignored information from the villagers true!" my mother sobbed so bitterly, burying her face in her palm with her hair swept to the front.

"Lola, tell me it wasn't that way. Like, you didn't give him the pill, right? You didn't help an enemy. Did you?!" My father roared at me with a heavy breath, like he would eat me up.

All they were saying kept shattering my spirit, breaking my bones and sapping every ounce of strength in me; I couldn't breathe well anymore. I'm realizing how wrong my actions were.

My fate when the Alpha hears this would be a pathetic one. If only I lived to tell my story.

"Lola, how did it happen? Did he charm you or what? Did you pity him? A vampire.. " My mother muffled as she pressed her palm across her chest, looking at me with swollen eyes covered with tears, while my father paced around, huffing and ruffling his hair.

My head was wagging itself with nothing coming out of my mouth; my brain was literally blank. What would I say? It is too late already. I have done it.

What kind of love and concern made me act so foolishly?

"Did you fall in love with him?! You fell in love at first sight and helped him to get away. Now where is he? He has left you to suffer and die alone. Why didn't he take you with him?!" My mom muttered in a tone filled with sadness and regret as she stood to her feet..

"Will I be killed?" I asked weakly as she turned to the door and a few paces away. My question made her pause, but she never turned to me.

"That man you saved had a royal scent when we almost caught him. If we get him and find out he is either the son of the vampire king or one of his royal members, the vampires will never hunt us again, as we will inject a deadly poison into his vein that will be triggered by us anytime. That was the plan. I don't know what will be your fate when they find out what you did... " She sniffed pitifully and walked away without waiting to hear anything else from me.

I lay flat on the floor and felt a fluid touch my left arm. I turned my gaze and saw his blood on it. I also felt something hard beneath me and took it out weakly to see it was the pearl ring he gave me.

Hot tears sprung out more as I wore the ring around my left middle finger.

Was this ring also part of his trick? Does he feel nothing for me? ... Was I the one going crazy over him while he only wanted to lure me into aiding his escape and nothing else?

He might have a fiancee, he might be in love with someone out there, while I sacrifice my life for him. I fell in love with Torian and gave him my virginity, which was all he wanted; I felt feelings again for a vampire who only needed my help to flee. Now he is gone too.

I am alone and can't tell if I will live past tomorrow.

But, it never looked fake.

Blake's POV.

What is love?

Do all of these romance things exist in my world?

No.

I'm dreaded by everyone and get them quaking at my presence, as I have no mercy for defaulters. My heart is stony and cold to the core, with darkness surrounding it.

My name is Blake, the Vampire King's son, who has killed many and turned many into slaves, causing nothing but terror and horror in their lives.

Werewolves who had crossed my path couldn't breathe twice before I killed them. We aren't like werewolves that have packs; we aren't numerous like the werewolves, but our strength and ability is higher, so we all formed one clan and my father rules over them as the king.

Today is a day I can't get myself to believe wasn't a dream or illusion of some kind. As I padded my way through the forest pathway to get to my kingdom, I couldn't stop brooding over everything that had just happened a few hours ago.

I had used my mother's witch power to cover my vampire scent and physical appearance, also wearing a hood to make sure I wouldn't be noticed so I could peek into the nearby werewolf pack as I had always done in my leisure time.

I love studying them secretly as a hobby, but today, a lady caught my attention when she blindly walked past me with a flower, smiling sweetly. Because of my speed and swiftness, I had followed her behind without her noticing. I couldn't get into the building with her to avoid being seen, but I heard it all; her mate whom she called "Torian," broke her heart and she had stepped out crying in deep sadness.

I was moved with pity for the young girl who had fallen in love with the wrong guy but couldn't go near her even when she cried and entered her house.

Before I could notice, a witch in the pack was able to sense me and quickly alerted the pack hunters, who began to hunt me with everything they got.

It was really a dangerous moment, as they were many, firing arrows and coming after me from different routes.

Luckily, I could climb a tall building.

The werewolves almost caught me, but the same girl opened her window and saved me.

Then I gave her my special ring, which had hung around my neck for years, given to me by my mother on my 18th birthday.

Why did I give her that?

That she saved me isn't enough for this deep feeling of compassion, tenderness, and overwhelming likeness coursing through me. I felt so sorry for her because of the trouble I was going to put her in, and it made me promise myself to come back for her.

What? For real?

I also kissed her before leaving.

Gosh! Was I out of my mind?