Chapter 74

Lola's POV

I opened my eyes and felt the sun rays radiate into the room and right into my face, forcing me to shut my eyes and spin to the other side of the bed before opening it again.

I don't know what time it was and how I ended up on the bed. With squinted eyes, I racked my brain, trying hard to remember how I ended up on the bed, but nothing was registering inside my head. All I could remember was that moment when they all knelt and bowed to me, pleading that I should rule over them.

Had I passed out?

Taking a deep breath, I sat up from the bed and my eyes scanned all around the room and recognized it to be Blake's room. His scent was all that kept oozing from every corner of the room, including the bed. That sweet sandalwood and fresh earth after rainfall would easily make you drool over him.

My eyes lowered to my body and I flinched at seeing what I was clad in. The royal robe which is being worn by the vampire queen. This was the type of gold robe I had seen Blake's mother wearing anytime she sat with the vampire king on the throne inside the palace.

"Who put this on me?" I mused, feeling my cheeks heat up as it was all happening so fast that it felt unreal. A little chuckle slipped from my lips as joy brimmed my heart, forcing my eyes to go wet.

The thought of being a queen over the vampires with Blake as the king was just too sweet to be real. How would I stand in front of the entire vampire population as their queen, especially the hunters who had always hunted me?

This was a kingdom I thought would end my life. In the end, I was going to rule over them. What a world...

I began to hear footsteps with chirpy voices and laughter from outside the room. Those voices were so familiar to my ears but weren't loud enough for me to recognize who they were, not until my door gave way and the first person I saw was Jace, my one and only friend. He stepped in with a grin all over his face.

His eyes were roaming around my body, like he was studying the robe I was wearing.

"Why were you walking so fast!!" I heard Bella's squeak before she finally came into view, scurrying into the room like she was being chased.

"Queen Lola!!!" Her tiny voice shrieked together with Jace's baritone, as if they planned to call me that name at once.

I jumped up from the bed and ran into Jace, hugging him so tight as tears fell from my eyes. He was looking so healthy, fresh and muscular, unlike the last time we met, when I saved him from the prison he was caged in.

Blake and I had helped him escape and left him to find where his mate was staying, and just as I am seeing, he really found her and had been living so well with her.

"Look at Lola dressed in that royal robe, looking like the moon goddess!" Bella screamed, covering her mouth with her hands, with widened eyes that were filled with amazement.

Jace couldn't let me go as he began to sob.

"I feel so emotional seeing you dressed that way because that is who you are. That's what you have always been! A queen, a woman of royal endowment! That was why I badly wanted Torian to take you back, because I knew you were a rare gem!" He kept pouring it out into my ears.

Those were the sweet words that made my cheeks flush red as I blushed uncontrollably.

"I am so happy for you! Can you feel the thump in my heart? It's so fast that I am finding it hard to talk. I just feel like I am drowning. My Lola is going to be a queen!!" He laughed, clutching me tighter and pecking my neck.

"Well, I am leaving the room for both of you." We both heard Bella's voice from behind, and just as if my skin stung him, Jace cut the hug and leapt off me and chased after Bella, who was already at the door.

"Bella!" He called out, catching hold of her hand, but she still refused to look at him.

"I am sorry for getting carried away. I can't stop being stupid! "Please punish me," I heard him coo to Bella, whose frowning face instantly brightened up into a wide smile as she swirled and rolled her eyes at Jace.

"Let me punish you instead. Why will you hug my mate that long!" We all heard Blake's voice as he stepped into the room at that moment, his lips curled into a smirk, making his dimple appear clearly.

He was dressed in a royal robe too, and just as he walked in with those graceful steps, his powerful and intoxicating aura filled the room, swirling around him.

"Don't touch him!!" Bella exclaimed in a funny tone, shielding Jace with her spread arms as if she could protect Jace from Blake's punishment. She was even looking up to Blake's tall, well-built body while he towered over her short figure.

I couldn't hold back my laughter as I saw how small Bella looked in front of him, and the fact that she was shielding Jace, who was also taller than her, made it all funny. It was like they would both swallow her in between them.

"Please, my King, I deserve to be whipped for hugging her that long, but you know it might be my last one, so I had to savour it all. My friend, Lola, will finally stop being the commoner she was. When the entire vampire kingdom bows and follows her order and hails her as the almighty queen of their land, how can I hug her again?" Jace giggled with both eyes glistening with so much joy as he gave me a mischievous smile that made me burst into another round of laughter.

Even Blake couldn't hold his laughter.

"I can't touch you, not to talk of punishing you. Anyone who tries harming you will be killed instantly because you are the only guy who took care of Lola when the world turned their back on her..." Blake praised him as he took steps closer to me.

"How do you feel?" he cooed to me, looking into my eyes, making my heart clench and tug as sensations ran through me. I felt like I was standing in front of my guardian angel and his presence around me seemed like it was enveloping and possessing every part of my being.

He took my hand and I melted instantly. The contact was so intense this time that my body was literally shuddering. The sensation was so sweet and I felt perfectly connected to me. Even his inner beast was bonded with mine and I could feel every single one of his emotions.

It was like two souls intertwined to become one.

"Thank you for coming into my life." He mumbled and directed my hand to his chest, making me feel how it thudded so fast.

"You see how it is racing for you? All it wants is to see you happy forever and smile all the time. You are my life. You should be the greatest creature now, but you transferred all your powers to me, which means you are weak now. But I promise you that I will be your shield forever. I will be the wings to cover you from any slightest hurt." He kept pouring it out with a tone so filled with passion.

"I trust you. That's why I gave it all to you...thanks for sneaking into my room through the window that day you were chased by my pack hunters." I chuckled, recalling all that happened that night. It was the beginning of everything, and now the love had grown to me being his mate and the next queen of the powerful vampire kingdom.