Chapter 19

Lola's POV.

I left Torian's room to get ready for school, and as I got into the bathroom, I couldn't hold back my tears. I was already in tears when I saw how small my room was, only to go over to the bathroom and find even more reasons to cry.

I was so dirty and smelly, and really needed a sponge and soap to bathe in, but none of that was available to me. Just some water inside a bucket. The shower wasn't working, and I had to bathe with my hands.

There was nothing I could do, so I washed myself as much as my hands could and stepped out of the bathroom. The bad smell from my body wasn't gone.

I got into the room and hissed at myself in sadness and anger.

The room itself looked just like an animal house. So little, abandoned and empty. It was just my bed and a few clothes that they had dropped for me on the bed.

The clothes looked exactly like those worn by slaves. So outdated, with some edges jagged and the wool pulling off. It was also oversized and just as I picked a red dress from them and put it on, I felt tears prickling my eyes and falling even when I tried holding it back.

My appearance broke my heart, searing deep into it as my cheeks flushed red in shame and embarrassment. My lips quivered, and I had to bite my lower lips to keep the flood of emotions from erupting inside of me.

A mirror was kept for me. They hung the mirror for me to see how wretched I look. That must be the reason why it was left there. I wish I had been able to resist the urge to look into it. But before I could hold myself, I found my eyes darting at it, and this broke me down.

The reflection was a different version of me that I had never prayed to become. I had turned from that beautiful and attractive girl to a disgusting one. Everyone would never want to get close to me the way I look. Now I think I understand how bad my situation is now. I had to gasp. I was in shock when I looked into the mirror and saw myself staring at me with those baggy and dim eyes that had lost all beauty.

My hair looked like a place where a group of rats had scavenged for food, or a forest. I had to pack it with a piece of cloth as I sobbed bitterly thinking about how I would be laughed at in school.

I look pitiful and miserable!

Hot tears blinded my eyes as I stepped out of the room and got into the sitting room. I could remember my appearance when I checked the mirror in my room, and that was like a stab in my chest, leaving me to bleed to death. It was worse as I hadn't taken my bath with any soap or had any cream lotion on my body.

The Alpha and his Luna were the first to walk past the sitting room, and on seeing me standing there with my appearance, they both burst into laughter of scorn. Even the guards couldn't hold back their laughter as they snickered, muffling the laugh with their hands while their gaze rested on me.

My eyes cascaded down the oversized red sleeveless A-line gown I was wearing, and it struck my heart again how miserable I looked.

"What a mess and an eyesore!" The Alpha was the first to scorn, waving his head and spitting like I was dung.I wished the ground would open and swallow me, as his words pierced my heart. It stunned me how everyone seemed to hate me.

This Alpha once carried me on his lap and patted my back. All those friendly relationships I earned are all lost.

"She's smelling, and that hair... oh my goodness!" The Luna added, sneering at me while I stood like a statue, waiting for Torian to come down with his mate so we would be leaving for school.

If I die, just know the heartbreak was above my tolerance range and I couldn't hold on. This is too much for me.

As expected, I heard their footsteps alighting from the stairs, and it made my head tilt in the direction they were. There I saw my stupid mate walking down with Sophia, holding her waist as she swayed it at each step, walking elegantly like she owned the world.

Without waiting for a second, I looked away and down to the ground where my tears dropped. The school uniform really fitted them and was sown in a special way that told us they were royal blood.

I swallowed the huge lumps in my throat as they got closer. Their footsteps were getting louder and Torian's smell was filling my nostrils, causing me to crave him as I got heated up with sweat appearing all over my face and down to my neck.

"Ugly duckling!" Torian called out, and I knew he was talking to me, but a kind of pride came over me, and I became stubborn about looking up.

He knows my name and should call me that. I am not named "Ugly Duckling", so I am not answering!

I gritted my teeth and maintained my sagging head and serious stare at the empty ground.

"Ugly duckl!!" He snorted, but I was obstinate about not looking up.

"Are you deaf?" His gruffy voice resonated in my head with a sharp slap that was like a fire to my cheek, burning like a flame. I screamed in pain and looked up with my teary eyes to meet his hateful stare, filled with wickedness to the core.

"You didn't call me! I am not named "Ugly Duckling. How would I know if you were calling me?" I shrilled, biting my lower lips to push back that stupid urge to cry. I wasn't going to keep crying at any hit.

"You checked yourself in that mirror in the room and it never gave you a hint of how ugly you look?" His brows curled up as he snorted those words at me, gritting his teeth.

"Baby, let's go now. We are so late!" Sophia chipped in, and he nodded like a dummy, smiling sheepishly, making me wish I could slap his sense back.

Sophia smirked at me, and I let out a deep sigh, recalling who she was. They both walked away, while I followed behind shamefully, looking like a goat.

I just don't know why they didn't at least give me a school uniform, even if it is torn and dirty. Now I will look different and have everyone's eyes on me in school. My presence will be seen and noticed by everyone. Shit!

I was driven in a cart while Torian and Sophia used the car. Well, at least I am lucky that they didn't force me to trek.

Finally, after some minutes, the cart stopped and I heard the gate open, causing my heartbeat to skip and clench tightly like its veins were being pulled out.

Hot tears began to sting my eyes as I began to cry. It was hurting me so much to see my fear becoming reality. It was happening for real! I would be seen this way! The wounds on my face, the bushy hair, the oversized tattered gown and barefooted legs. Isn't it too much to bear?

The cart door was open, and I looked up to see one of the guards gawking at me.

"What are you still doing there?" He asked, and I gulped, drying my tears with my arms, sniffing and wishing it wouldn't happen or I would wake up to see it was all a dream.

The guard was impatient and irritated, which made him drag me out since I was reluctant to come down. I fell out and saw the cart was still outside the opened gate. I was already hearing the name of Torian on the air as every student began to troupe out to catch a glimpse of the most handsome guy in school. The news of his arrival must have already spread like a wildfire. Now the students, especially the females, would rush out to see him. It had always been this way, and I had always blushed in the past. I would be proud of myself to be beside Torian as his girlfriend while the others lurk around to take his picture and drool.

The present is a completely different story!

I couldn't see my front view yet as I was behind the cart and it was blocking me. As it was driven away, I was faced with Torian, who had stepped out of the car.

"While I drive in, follow my car!" He said it to me, and my eyes widened in shock and deep hurt, which coursed through me like a wave.

"You mean?" I gasped, and he rolled his eyes, walking back to the car as three guards held my hand.

"If you try to run, we will beat the hell out of you!" One of them warned me before they released my hands.

"Now follow his car barefoot!" Another bellowed, slapping my head forward. I was struck with intense sadness as many eyes peered at me. I was clearly feeling the heaviness of my heart and the deep agony exploding like a bomb of fire through my entire being.

It was so shameful!