Chapter 18

I could see how sophisticated she looked with the make-up and wished I was in her shoes. There was no doubt she looked graceful, like the future Luna, and would really pass if she entered a beauty pageant competition. Why, then, could she be a demon?

"How could you be a demon and stay here with the werewolves? What is your plan here at the Royal Palace? What is your plan with Torian? Demons and wolves have nothing in common!" I confronted her with a courage from which I didn't know where it came from.

"You dumbass. I'm not a demon, but I don't mind if you call me that. I am keeping you alive just so you will be among those that will cry for death soon. Because the demon king wishes to rule over werewolves, I will assist in handing you all over to him. including your stupid mate, Torian, while my father and I torture the Alpha to death. But I just discovered you have special abilities. I hope you aren't thinking of countering me?" She sneered at me, and I bowed my head low, knowing full well that, in my heart, I wished this entire pack was burned to ashes for how they had treated me.

"What is Darren's crime? Why do you want to destroy this pack?" I asked, and she packed her hair in a ponytail before looking straight into my eyes while I did the same to her.

At the beginning, it was merely eye contact, not until I began to feel hot. It was like a fire was burning inside me and spreading all over my body through every vein. For the first time in my life, I felt my bones crack like I was shifting; my muscles also tugged and enlarged, also reforming gradually, making me cringe as my heart panged at the new development.

"You are shifting finally!!" My little wolf screamed in happiness. She leapt and panted excitedly, as she would be free finally. I totally forgot Sophia was standing in front of me as my whole body slowly and painfully shifted into my wolf form.

I could feel the changes in every part of my being. My nails formed into very sharp and strong claws, and my teeth produced fangs that were so sharp. After what seemed like hours of overwhelming searing pain, I shifted into my big brown wolf.

But just then, at the same time, I felt another beast inside me.

"Is that all you can shift into?" I heard the voice of Sophia in my wolf form as our eyes locked together in a strange way. There was something that seemed to be unusual about her eyes, and it seemed to be triggering the beast in me.

"What else are you expecting?" I howled in my wolf form and saw a deep frown cross her face while she muttered some incoherent words, which really caused havoc to wreak inside me. The strange beast was trying to break free from its confinement deep inside my body.

"How can you be a normal wolf with those special abilities? I thought you were a hybrid" I heard her mumble to herself before taking a deep breath and looking away with a shrug.

I shut my eyes and shifted back to my human form, lying weak on the floor as the shift seemed to sap my strength away. But I was so happy to be among those who could shift into their wolves.

"I must have mistaken you for a hybrid. You have nothing to worry about" Sophia shrugged and walked away at that moment, leaving me wondering what she meant.

"You are lucky!" I heard Diana, my wolf, squealing inside me, and that made my eyes dilate a bit.

"How?" I shot the question quickly.

"You were lucky to have that ring around your fingers. It helped to confine your hybrid powers. Sophia just used a demon dark magic to expose your true identity, but she failed." Diana replied with a short laugh that showed how happy she was. I couldn't tell when I laughed too, as happiness crossed my entire body.

It was so pleasing to hear my little wolf laugh after I had suddenly turned her blissful and happy life into a miserable one by saving that vampire, which made our life a torturous one.

"You seem so happy" I said amidst giggles, and she laughed out loud.

"Yeah, you have finally broken me out of this cage. "We can shift into my form anytime, anywhere, and secondly, we succeeded in hiding the other beast from Sophia, which means she won't care to hurt us that much again" she explained, and that seemed to be like cold water poured into my burning heart, thereby bringing about a chilling effect.

I felt like my world was going to get better a bit. Now I just have to know why she gave me that deep eye contact. Wow.

"Let's go and prepare for school because another round of beatings will land on us!" Diana squeaked, and I sprang up in excitement, then stared at the ring with a huge smile playing on my face.

"Thank you, Blake, for giving me this" I found myself musing, and it seemed like I was seeing him again as his image filled my head.

Goosebumps filled my skin at the memories of our first meeting, which was so magical and out of this world.

"Let us go!! Blake won't want us to be beaten, so stop getting carried away thinking about him now" my wolf deadpanned with a funny laugh that really erupted into louder laughter from my lips while I sped off to get prepared.

I knew it was going to be a very bad day, especially when I would be meeting with everyone who had thought I was Torian's mate.

Yes, I will surely be the center of mockery and scorn. It would be so painful, but I have to face it all and stay alive to see how miserable Torian's life would be in the future. He thought he was hurting me by picking Sophia as his mate. But when he realizes she's a demon, it'll hit him like a ton of bricks.

Even the Alpha would face the terror about to befall them. No one will believe me if I tell them she is a demon. Instead, they will beat me for calling the Beta's daughter, Torian's mate, a demon. I won't hurt myself trying to help them. We will all face the consequences later.