Chapter 39

My head was suddenly banging hard as I forced it to remember the past as it was crystal clear something had happened when I was hunted by those pack warriors, which I couldn't remember again. Now I have no doubt that Lola saved me, but why I can't remember it is something hard for me to understand.

All I can remember is being chased a few days ago when I snuck into this pack in my vampire nature, only hiding my scent and putting on a hood. Nothing else!

How Iater survived that day was no longer registered in my head, which was so strange.

I lay my head on the desk with closed eyes as I kept racking my brain and suffering more headaches, which seemed like they would sear out my eyes. Everything seemed to be spinning around me, forcing me to grunt as all my efforts to recall weren't showing any results.

I thought of shoving everything out of my mind, but the urge to recall what Lola had done for me was so strong. If she had betrayed the wolf community to save just me, then I would owe her my life. It kept ringing in my head that this might be the reason why I felt so attracted to her at first sight.

Could it be that my mother blocked my memories with Lola using her witch powers so I wouldn't fall in love with her?

I thought deeply, arching my brows, as that seemed to be the only idea that sounded reasonable. That can only be the reason why I can't remember when Lola saved me or even recall if we had met before. She had mentioned saving me at the school clinic, and now Sophia had said the same.

There is something my mother must have done!

"Jason, you aren't saying anything? Do you really hear what I said? Or are you not from the werewolf community?" Sophia's voice shot into my ears, breaking me off from the realm of deep thoughts as i flinched a bit at her last statement.

When I returned my gaze to her, I noticed her eyes staring at me in an inexplicable way. I cast a quick glance around and also saw every student looking at me in surprise and confusion.

"What do you mean, Sophia? He is my long time friend from a neighboring pack. How will you ask if he was a wolf? Not like you can smell his wolf scent! " Jason snorted, but was ignored totally by Sophia, who wouldn't shift her gaze from my face for a second.

"Hey, Jason, I don't mind punching your teeth if you yell at my mate!" Torian lashed back at him, taking heavy steps forward in fury.

"You can do nothing, you dick head!"

Everyone was shocked to the core as Jace blurted those words at Torian. The whole attention of the students shifted from me to him. I was also stunned, wondering where he got such courage to curse the Alpha prince.

He looked so angry with veins appearing along his temples, neck, and arms.

"You said that to me?" Torian's deep voice, which was a scary growl, revebrated through the silent classroom as he stalked toward Jace with a smirk that pulled up his lips at that moment.

"Jace, what has come over you?" His mate whimpered as she held his hand, tugging it.

"You should be asking that to Torian. Something is definitely wrong with him! Something has come over him, making me so stupid!" Jace bawled and Torian laughed out loud in a threatening way before glancing back at Lola with a smug smile.

Jace's POV.

I don't know where the courage came from. I had said it before I could push it back, and there was no way I was going to take it back. I had walked into the class now to see Lola bleeding, with bruises and cuts all over her body. Even her hair seemed to had be grabbed tight and roughly that blood was trickling down her forehead.