Chapter 64

Blake's POV

I attacked Vienna with a speed that could clearly match the speed of lightning, sending a compelling blow to her belly which crashed her to the ground in a heavy and loud thud that I knew could easily be heard by anyone close to the door. The next thing that filled the room was her cry of pain, but all of that seemed like it was sounding distant in my ears.

She was shaking in terror, dragging and sprawling herself backward away from me, while I stomped forward with only one thing in mind; kill her. That was all I was hearing inside my head, and I wasn't going to hesitate for a second before plucking out her heart and eyes, not minding that she was the daughter of the Royal Advisor.

I was prepared to face any punishment in the world for murdering her, because there was no way I could let her live while the love of my life was killed or forced to flee, hiding in the bushes and sleeping out in the forest, vulnerable to any attack. I can't let the girl who just ruined my blissful moment go scot free.

"Blake, are you going to kill me?" She screeched on seeing that I was transforming into my pure vampire form with sharp fangs and claws that were strong enough to cut through iron. There was terror in her eyes as her entire body trembled vehemently.

"Yes, I am killing you right here and now!" I managed to reply before pouncing on her where she lay on the floor. She would have run away through the door, but my first punch seemed like it had sapped out all the strength in her.

As I sat on her belly to end it all, hot tears formed in my eyes. The thought that Lola's identity would be exposed in a few minutes' time was like a bomb of agony exploding continuously inside me and a thousand swords piercing its way into the core of my heart.

I knew that killing Vienna would change the fact that I wouldn't be able to be with Lola again. Her scent will spread now and diffuse through the entire building, attracting both my parents and the hunters, who won't waste a second to come hunting for her.

Lola might be killed at the end, and I will have to drift back to that dark world of intense sadness and misery, mourning for her every day and night with no appetite to eat. Vienna just put an end to my happiness. All because of Vienna, all the joy that was about to build up in me has crashed.

" I thought you were only going to threaten me?! I thought you had something for me to do for you so you would spare my love from being exposed, but even before I could give in, you poured it on her, you evil soul!!" I roared in exasperation and the deepest sadness I had ever felt in my life.

She opened her mouth to say something, but I didn't want to hear her voice. What does she have to say? That she is sorry? Or that it was a mistake? Would any of that change the fact that Lola is no longer going to be my queen? Vienna destroyed me, and I have to end her life because I can't let her live and see me consumed every day in anguish.

"Blake... I..."

Two punches from me pushed back whatever she was about to say, and blood spurted from her lips with her screech filling the room, which drew out more rage in me instead of pity.

I raised my palm this time with my sharp claws directed at her chest while I used my left hand to choke her neck and pin it to the floor so she wouldn't be able to defend herself. I have to end her life immediately before facing the horror of the hunters' attack on Lola.

"No... no.." Vienna's muffled voice and her struggles were all like the trigger of fury, pushing me to kill her off instantly.

"Go to hell, obsessed whore!" I thundered, and just as I was about to assassinate her, someone held my hand.

The feeling of that skin sent tingles all over me, and I knew it was Lola without looking back.

"It wasn't silver," she mumbled to me, and it was like a burden was lifted off my heart. I heaved a deep sigh of relief and slumped there on the floor, catching my breath as I felt like one who had just come back to life.