Chapter 21

At first, I thought my ears were playing pranks on me as I stared at Jace from the corner of the class where I squatted.

Everyone was staring at him awestruck, while Torian was already fuming and gritting his teeth.

"Jace, are you really doing this?" Don, who was the gangsta guy at the Torian party, huffed at him from where he sat. Other friends who I recognized from that party at Torian's house were also there in the class sneering at Jace like he had lost his mind.

I rose from my squatting position, peering right into Jace's blue eyes, which had become wet as it shimmered. I could see how he looked at me and was so stunned at the passion I was seeing. It was so clear he cared for me.

"Lola, come over here and sit with me!" He repeated those words, swallowing hard as I noticed him glance at Torian. He looked away sharply, and I could see pure fear and a trace of pain in his eyes. He seemed to be afraid of something.

"I am fine here," I mumbled, letting out a deep sigh as tears prickled down my eyes. The last thing I would ever want to do is put him or anyone in trouble. Torian hates me so much, and he is his best friend. There is no way this will go right.

I squatted back down to the ground, and just immediately, Jace left his seat and walked over to me.

"I don't mind losing the friendship or Beta's position because of you. We might not be mates, but I care for every single part of your entire being. Even your hair. Sit with me, please" Those were the words I heard Jace say as soon as he got close to me. He said those words with his husky voice and it really seemed to hitch my breath as all I could see was a man ready to fight for me.

Those eyes weren't saying otherwise. There was pure determination in it. He really meant those words. After being friends with Torian since childhood, even before I knew who Torian was, he is really about to break it just to stand by me.

Isn't that too much for a wretched soul like me?

"Jace! Will you stop that madness you are displaying and get back to your seat now!!" Torian yelled, sending shrills of fear down my spine, but Jace seemed not to be shaken at all, as he acted like he had not heard those Alpha growls from Torian.

He equally made no attempt to reply, nor did he look back at Torian. Instead, he gave me a reassuring smile that melted my heart. Now I see he was pretending back then at the party. Jace really cared about me.

"At all cost, I will help and protect you till Torian gets back to his senses. Because that witch, Sophia, over there, has a secret she isn't telling! I am sorry for all you have gone through. " He purred, and before I could catch my breath, he held my hands gently and pulled me up till I was standing right in front of him, a few inches apart. I could feel his hot breath on my neck, sending shivers through my spine and making my heart thump so fast and loud.

"You are the true Luna. I can feel it. Just be strong and hope for a better tomorrow. Torian will get back to his senses!" He whispered that into my ears, and I couldn't help cringing.

"Sophia is a demon. I personally found out, and Torian isn't aware. I am scared that something bad will happen in the future!" I whimpered, and he let out a deep sigh before wiping my tears with his soft palm.

"I thought so too." He mumbled, then locked his palm against mine before turning over to the students in the class, who were all looking at him dumbly, some with their mouths agape. The females couldn't believe their eyes as they frowned and glared at me.

I cast a short glance at the cute Jace at that moment to be sure I wasn't dreaming. This is so good to be true.

After Torian, Jace comes second in being every lady's dream, and he has always been a second option for female students who had no chance with Torian. His appearance, especially his curled blonde hair, blue eyes, and those pink lips, is enough to drive any lady crazy. His smiles and dimples can make one hypnotized.