Chapter 20

Torian and Sophia drove in with the car, and I was walking beside them on foot, looking like a slave. Many female students had rushed out to see him, and I could see the shock written on their faces as they saw me.

Those who could recognize me as Torian's girlfriend couldn't understand how I turned that way, peering at me like an animal. My legs were shaking as I followed his car, drawing my gaze to the ground to avoid the stares from the students, which was like a spear plunging my heart.

The car was parked and he stepped out with Sophia, both looking comely and attractive, while I stood still with my hands clutched to my abdomen.

I flashed a glance around and noticed many classrooms were having lessons, including the one we would be heading to. This means I would walk into the filled class with the teacher appearing this way, looking like a bush animal.

"let's go!" Torian snorted, spacing away from me like I had a contagious disease.

Each step closer to the classroom was like thorns panging my heart. I was shivering so hard, especially when I remembered how I had bragged that Torian was my mate.

"Please Torian, don't tell anyone here that I saved a vampire." I pleaded with a sulk, crying more.

"Even if he doesn't tell anyone, I will tell them." Sophia chipped in with a shrug and my eyes flashed at her in anger that suddenly swelled up in me.

"A demon is talking too!" I snorted and regretted it immediately as Torian sent a heavy kick to my belly, making me crash heavily to the ground.

"How dare you call her a demon! So you're still strong enough to spout nonsense!I will make your life hell!" He thundered and gripped my head tightly, pulling me through the hallways.

My skull was aching, but it was nothing compared to the pain I felt in my heart as Sophia laughed at me.

"Pull her that way till we get to the class. She is a dog!" She snickered in such a scornful way that I began to cry again, wishing I had a supernatural power to kill her and strike Torian down for dragging me like this.

"Is that not Lola?"

"She isn't Torian's mate!"

Torian is pulling her like a animal! She also looked dirty and stinking! "

Those were the murmurs from the two sides of the hallways. Students from other classes had caught a glimpse of what was happening.

"Please, Torian, don't drag me into the class this way!" I cried out, but my tears were like water to him. My cries were like music to him, and not one word of my pleas entered his ears.

"I have a lot in store for you. You will regret that moment you agreed to connive with a vampire to kill me as a token to save him. I hate you and will make life pure hell for you!" Torian growled and punched my face before pulling my hair again, making me crawl and sprawl forward on the ground.

My wolf cried with me the moment we stood outside the door of my class. I could hear the teacher teaching inside. In my head, I could see everyone in there, including the friends of Torian, who already knew that Torian had rejected me.

I wish it was just rejection and not this maltreatment and shame.

"Torian... please! At least let me stand!" I burst out in sadness, but before a second could pass, Sophia pushed the door open and I was dragged in through the hair while crawling and scratching my knees on the ground.

Everywhere went silent immediately, even the teacher stepped aside to stare at me.

"Is that not Lola who claimed to have the Alpha Prince as her mate?" Some broke the silence, and I knew exactly who it was.

Bella.

The girl who had envied me so much in the past, because Torian was being nice to me. I can also remember how much I bragged and boasted in front of her.

I tried hiding my face beneath the desk, but Torian gripped my hair and pulled me up roughly, letting my gaze fall on everyone.

"Oh God, she smells so bad!!" Another student chirped, and there was laughter all over the place.

I glanced around and saw Jace watching with a sad face.

"Because of family friendship, I have finally found my desired mate, so I am free from the bondage of being forced to take care of her. The moon goddess made her my mate, but I rejected her for Beta's daughter! Who will want the nerdy and outdated girl?" Torian spoke out to everyone, and there was an uproar of scorn.

"After bringing a cheap flower to my birthday party, she saved a vampire who crept into her room after conniving with him to help kill me for dumping her!" I heard Torian's voice resound through the building, and it wreaked havoc on me as everyone roared and gasped in shock, staring at me in distaste and anger, especially the ladies who were crushing hard on Torian.

"She is no more my mate or friend. Sophia is the lady I am mated to and who will be the next Luna while she remains a slave forever!!" He added that last phrase, which was like a slash to my heart.

I pulled my head up and roamed my eyes around. Both of my legs were shaking with every part of me broken to pieces.

Torian took Sophia's hand and walked to his special seat, a place I always stayed with him back then.

"Hey, go and find a seat so I can finish up my lecture!" The teacher, who was a male, grunted at me, and I shuddered a bit before looking around at the angry and resentful gaze everyone was sending at me.

I dragged my feet forward to an empty seat at the front but was pushed away.

"Don't dare to take a seat next to me!" The student yelled at me, and I whimpered, looking around and pleading with my eyes that one person would at least let me sit down as my legs were becoming weary and I was finding it hard to carry me.

Every student has a seat given to them at registration. I had mine, and it is beside Torian, but Sophia had taken possession of it without registration. Now I have no place to sit.

I went to another chair and was slapped this time instead of being pushed.

"Then sit on the floor since no one wants to accommodate you!" The teacher huffed and my jaw dropped as more hot tears streamed down, prickling my eyes.

"Yes, sit on the floor! A slave has no right to have a chair!" Bella yelled at me with deep hatred in her eyes.

My eyes fell on Jace again, and our eyes met. I looked away, recalling how he had acted like he cared back then in Torian's house. I thought he really cared a bit, but I was wrong! Even he hadn't called me to sit with him.

I dragged my feet to the corner of the class to sit.

"Move to the edge, you are too dirty!" The teacher sighed and I nodded as more sadness exploded like a bomb inside my skull.

"Come and sit with me!" Jace's voice was heard next, and there was absolute silence as everyone turned their eyes on him, especially Torian, who looked shocked and enraged at the same time.