Chapter 24

I thought I could bear the pain and find my way out of the room, but it was impossible. Mirrors and wood had been smashed against me. Their heavy blows and headbutts were much to bear. There was no doubt that they succeeded in breaking me down. If Jace hadn't come at this moment, I would have been raped to their satisfaction. It was even worse as one of them had a camera set up to record the video.

"Lola, let's go to the clinic, please... you are badly wounded!" He purred, his tone sounding so intense with care and pain at seeing my state. Tears were welling up for real, and I couldn't hold back mine. Jace is really an angel sent to make my life a little bit better.

"I can't walk, my knees are battered." I cried with emotions that filled me on seeing him treat me this way.

"I am carrying you on my back... no worries," he replied, and squatted for me.

"Not that easy..." We both heard the voice of Torian as he walked into the room at that moment with Sophia, who had her head resting on his shoulder.

"What do you mean?" Jace snorted, hate and disgust purely emphasized in his tone and eyes.

"It is not that easy to take her to the clinic after stopping these boys from carrying out my order. Since you stopped the rape, get out! She is my slave, you know..." Sophia added with those cheesy smiles and a sarcastic tone.

"Not one of you can stop me from taking her for treatment. Fuck you and slavery. Fuck you both!Fuck you, Torian! Your senses have been taken away, but you are too stupid to notice! Wake up!" Jace huffed, pulling a face and wrinkling his nose at Sophia in disgust.

"Oh, really? Then the fight you ran away from is going to restart here and now" Torian snickered with a mischievous wink as he folded up his sleeves.

"Torian, stop! Jace, please, you can go. I will be fine even without any clinic treatment. The wounds will heal" I cried as I said those words, knowing fully well that it would take several hours and that I would also be consumed by pain all through the hours. Hunger and maltreatment had tampered with my quick healing ability.

"I am not leaving you, so don't even try to convince me. These two should do their worse!" Jace yelled in frustration, pain, and pure heartbreak as his eyes rested on Torian. He must be so hurt to face Torian, his best friend, in a fight. He chooses to stand by me and against Torian.

How will I pay back this sacrifice?

"What a brave lover boy?" Sophia chuckled as she moved aside for Torian and Jace to fight. Many students had noticed what was going on through the broken door and had gathered outside; some were even peeping through the windows.

"Jace, please, you are no match for Torian as he is a trained Alpha. Please don't hurt yourself for me. Please, it will hurt me more to see you in pain" I whimpered, forcing myself up as I grabbed his left arm. The sudden rise to my feet sent a wave of intense pain through me, but I ignored it.

"What are you saying? Should I let them take you away without having your wounds treated? Consider how much suffering you will endure. What if you die?" He grunted, peering into my eyes as he breathed heavily.

"Watch out!" I screamed as Torian ran towards him with a powerful punch. He was looking at me and hadn't seen it coming. As I screamed, he turned sharply and the hit struck his head, pushing it back with such great force that he fell heavily on his butt with a loud thud, letting out an intense groan that seared the deepest part of my heart.

I quickly rushed to check on Jace, who had fallen flatly on the floor, but Sophia quickly gripped my hand and pulled me away.

"He deserves it for standing by you and trying to convince Torian that I am bad! He shouldn't try to stop me or I will keep making him pass through the pain. Anyone who tries to stop me will face terror!" Sophia's voice resonated inside me as she glared into my eyes.

Her lips were curled into those mischievous smiles again as she spoke those words through her mind, which I could hear clearly.

"Torian, please let's go. Allow the weak boy to catch his breath. He might die if you fight with him" Sophia added with a mockery giggle at Jace while she pulled me away from my gown.

Torian rolled his eyes at Jace before leaving, following us from behind.

My eyes caught a glimpse of Jace, and I saw his head dripping blood as he grunted, sitting on the floor, glaring at Sophia with so much resentment.

"You are lucky today. But I will still get you raped someday! You deserve all the suffering and pain in this world!" Torian snorted at me as we walked through the hallways, drawing the stares of other students. Many were taking shots with their cameras as I was pulled by the gown, just like an animal by Sophia.

Torian's statement made me look up from the floor where I had sagged my head. I saw Sophia's satisfying smile. I saw the ignorance of Torian. He was so unaware of the raw fact that he wasn't in his right senses. This was like a thousand swords piercing deep into my heart...

Hot tears welled up and were about to fall when a familiar smell battered my nose, causing my eyes to narrow as I racked my brain to recall where I smelled this pleasant and alluring scent before.

"What!!" My lips broke open and my eyes widened as my brain recalled the smell.

That's the intoxicating sandalwood with citrus notes. The smell of fresh earth and grass after it rains.

That was the exact smell of Blake.