Chapter 43

It was like an illusion, so unreal that I had to scrub my eyes and pinch myself so hard that my flesh bled. I was breathing heavily while watching Blake transform into his vampire nature in readiness to fight them. He was really going to kill anyone who touched me, including his fellow vampires.

I felt angry at myself for putting the ring he gave me on my necklace instead of wearing it as a ring over my finger as I had always done. Maybe these men won't have recognized me with it.

Now he is about to attack his clan hunters back.

The thought of this made me burst into an intense sob with my hand clutching my lips to muffle it.

I began trembling, not from fear or panic, but this time, it was from an overwhelming emotion swelling inside of me.

I know Blake loves me, but this is too much. He was breaking the rules and going against his family just to protect me.

My gaze was drawn to the vampire hunters, who were now cowering in bewilderment and popped eyes. They were all dumb and short on words. It must have been a shock for them to see the man they call prince; the same man who will rule the clan in the future, challenging them to a fight solely because of me.

"Blake, are you out of your mind?!!" The leader yelled in an outburst of rage mixed with fear as he gritted his teeth, clenching both fists and breathing heavily.

"I think I am. Yes, I am out of my mind and that's why I won't spare a single one of you from here!" Blake grunted, his voice so deep and intense this time that it could strike horror into the soul directly.

"You will kill us because of her? Are you mad!! What has come over you! She must use charm on you. That devil behind you is using fetish charm on you!" The red-haired vampire bawled in frustration, glaring at me with the most hateful eyes I had ever seen in my life.

"Who did you just call a devil?" Blake's voice thundered and seemed to shake the ground as it shot fear into everyone.

They all cowered, but the red haired vampire made no movement as he appeared extremely exasperated at everything happening. I was like a prey item in his eyes, which he had vowed to devour. Just the way his eyes darken when they rest on me tells us so well how much he would devour me once given the chance.

"That dirty thing behind you is the devil who has blinded and turned you stupid. You are clearly a fool now. Just so you know... kill us for a werewolf, bastard!" Everyone froze as those words blurted out of his mouth.

"Come get her if you can, not barking around like a mad dog," Blake scoffed, lowering his head to the ground then tracing it to me.

Our eyes met, and I could see how pained he was. Something seemed to be eating deep into him.

"We'd all rather die in your hands than watch you take her into our clan. She is an enemy and a curse on our land. As the clan hunters, our responsibility is to make sure no predator gets in. You can go ahead and kill us just for a she wolf!" I heard the leader of the hunters burst into an intense scream, which made Blake turn sharply towards them.

"Alright. At first, I never planned to let any of you leave here alive. Come and attack me" he breathed, for real. Right in front of my eyes, the fight began.

All I could do was cry as my body shook in panic. I clutched my body and buried my face in my laps, not being able to bear the sight of Blake fighting his clan members for me. It was giving me chills. It was bringing endless tears to my eyes.

His sacrifice is now making me recall my dead parents. The only people who had shown me what love was... Now that they were gone, everything about love vanished from my life, only for Blake to appear in my life like a reincarnate of them.