Chapter 71

Sophia's POV

Just when his blow was about to hit hard in her face, Lola swerved to the right, forcing Alpha Darren to lose balance and fall to the ground, as no one ever expected her to be able to dodge it when his blow was already so close to her face.

The speed at which she dodged the punch was so extreme that it seemed like a flash. No one had ever seen anyone with such speed and swiftness, and seeing Lola do that really made them all cringe and shout in shock.

My father was the most terrified one, because he knew what it all meant. He knew that it was all over for the demons who planned to get her killed. Lola has escaped the claw of death with a slight slip.

His eyes darted at me, and I heard his voice inside my heart.

"Don't tell me her powers have been unlocked? How possible? Did anyone tell her about it?"

His tone was really tense and kept cracking. Our eyes were locked on each other, and I could notice a trace of suspicion in his eyes directed at me.

" You don't seem afraid at all. And that explains why she didn't harm you even after finding out you have demons in you. Instead, the both of you came in here peacefully like friends!" Another yell from him, hitting every corner of my mind.

He was extremely furious as he glared at me with nothing but disappointment. It was all clear that I had betrayed the plan and the demon king.

"You betrayed us when you went with the guards to get Sophia!" My father kept ranting inside me with the mind link, and I was feeling afraid now. There is no doubt the demon king would have found out now, and with the heart demon in me , he can turn me into a bloodthirsty creature, and that will eventually lead to my death because Lola will never spare me anymore.

A deep sigh slipped from my lips as I lowered my head to the ground for a few seconds before looking away from my father. Instead of my eyes falling on someone else, it fell on Torian instead, and it was like cold water splashed all over my body as I shivered and felt tingling sensations all over my skin.

His eyes were wet and filled with emotions that I couldn't explain. He let out a smile; a reassuring one, or maybe I should say, a smile that showed how much he was proud of me. He nodded and gave me a high thumb, blowing a kiss too.

"You are the best..." His smooth voice whispered inside me and i felt the greatest urge to smile, even when this was never the right moment to let out a single smile. How could I smile when I might be dead in the next minute?

"I love you..." His voice came again, and forced me to lock my eyes with his own. He let out another smile, his nice set of teeth gleaming, emphasizing how cute his smile was.

I felt my heart racing in excitement. Joy and satisfaction were just surging through my whole body, and I never knew when I smiled, till I heard myself chuckle. The sound of Torian telling me he loved me was too sweet to ignore.

It was like that was the only thing I needed in my life. Now I feel so proud and so happy that I saved Lola, because that only means he won't become a slave to the demons. Even as he would lose his father, he was still going to be the next Alpha of his pack and rule them with the good heart he always had before I came into his life.

"You think you've undergone enough training to beat me?" Darren's yell drew my attention and I spun to see him sweating profusely while gasping and swallowing hard like one who had lost the ability to breath.

He must have been attacking Lola with all he got while she kept dodging. It is just too unfortunate that Darren is blinded by resentment to see that Lola was only getting ready to give him the most painful death of his life.

"I had always prayed for this day. You remember I promised to make you pay for my parents' death, right? You laughed it off because I was weak. You killed them not anywhere else, but right in front of me, all because you knew I was weak and couldn't challenge you." Lola paused and gulped as tears gathered in her fiery eyes, making them glint.

The powerful aura surrounding her was becoming more extreme and dangerous. It seemed like her rage was boiling up each second.

"Why are you all sitting here watching her play with me?" Attack and kill this demon!!" Darren shouted, with a deep grunt.

"I will kill anyone who dares to attack me. I am here to wipe away all demons on the surface of the earth, but I won't spare any wolf that tries to adhere to their orders!" Lola fumed, still staring at Darren without glancing at anyone.

"Don't listen to.." That was the end of his voice. The last thing we heard before a heavy blow hit his belly, flinging him back so hard that the wall cracked.

Lola took a slow step towards the guard at the door and fear struck him so that he slumped, but Lola only needed his sword, which she took and moved to where Darren was.

"Please don't kill my father!" Torian finally got the courage to speak out, and it was like his words made Lola notice his presence in the room.

She paused and turned to him with her face void of a smile. It was glowing with fury and sadness all mixed up.

"Don't ever talk to me..." Lola warned and swirled back to Darren, who had successfully stood to his feet.

"I just want to skin you alive till you bleed to death!" She growled and whipped the sword over his arms. Even as he used all his wolf abilities to try to escape the strike, Lola's swiftness was at its highest. It was too fast to avoid...

A slice of the skin around his arms was chopped off and lay on the floor, blood oozing out as he cried out in an agonizing tone. The horrific scene made everyone shudder and cower in fear.

"I say, don't kill my father!!!" Torian yelled and quickly attacked her. He was too fast that I couldn't stop him earlier. His heavy punch landed on Lola's back so hard that she almost. I guess that was all she needed before all the anger in her burst out.

"How dare you!" Her voice roared like a lion. She had white furs appearing on her skin with every muscle tugging out as they deformed and reformed into a larger shape. Her bone cracking could be heard, and everyone watched as she increased in height with sharp fangs and scale skin appearing.

She was shifting to her hybrid form with her blue eyes blazing in rage, and it appeared just like a furious storm about to swallow the world.

She rushed at Torian first and gripped his neck so tight that his tongue poked out while he struggled to free himself, which was absolutely impossible. Lola's claws and paws had also deepened into his neck, causing him to bleed as he grunted and fought to breathe.

"Remember how you treated me like trash? How do you hit me every day like a non living thing!! I suffered terribly. I prayed for death. You almost killed me before I was saved by Blake. What makes you think I won't kill you here and now? " Her angry voice was so scary that my mouth was left agape.

I couldn't talk as fear gripped me, but as I glanced to where my father was sitting, he wasn't there anymore.