Chapter 9

Two of the warriors clamped my hands together and chained them, while the others watched in anger. There was no trace of pity or mercy in their eyes or expression. Instead, it exuded resentment and fury. My parents were in tears, as they held each others. Dad trying to console mom was really painful to watch.

If anyone had ever told me a day like this would come, I would have called the person a blunt liar.

"Walk faster!" I heard one of the warriors yell at me with a hot slap that made my cheek burn in sharp pain. I tried soothing the pain with a palm-rub, but my hands were clasped together, making it impossible to do so and provoking the pain to hurt intensely.

They pulled me like a slave, and I was swung into the empty cart so hard that my head hit hard on the wall of it, which was built with hard wood. I felt numb as more pain coursed through my body, causing it to shiver. I started to cry, but lost all strength as the door of the cart was shut, leaving me in the dark and quiet surroundings, except for the clanking of the chain binding my wrist. Everywhere was distant and cold. I felt what it meant to be hated and rejected.

The pack that once treated me nice and lovely for being the child of one of the best pack hunters doesn't recognize me anymore. In their eyes, I could see nothing but raw hatred.

My parents seemed to be confused at the moment. They could only sit back and watch all this happen to me.

It is wasn't in their power to save me from this misery. And it was just so clear that I saved the vampire so the truth can't be hidden.

If only the villagers hadn't seen him leap into my room and leave treated with the bleeding all stopped.

There was really no lie my parent could tell to change the fact that I saved him, especially when the poison antidote was missing.

Slowly, I sat up, crying so hard as my lips quivered at the heavy thumping in my chest; my head wouldn't stop pounding and causing my eyes to hurt me intensely, especially with the hot tears searing their way down my cheeks.

My head leaned against the cart's wall, as the cart moved through the rough and rocky ground that caused my butt to hurt, while my head aches the more.

The past came taunting me once more, causing me to whimper in agony. I can't imagine how In the blink of an eye, the future I planned for myself came shattering right in front of me. Just when I thought it was going in a better direction.

Having a nice and caring parent, finding my mate as Torian, and having him show me attention and love was what I thought. He had also promised to take me to the Royal Pack house to see his parents, the Alpha and Luna, to introduce me as his Luna. He promised to love and protect me forever.

I can vividly remember those words from Torian's lips. He said it that night when I visited him, before the sex. Right before he had his way into me, he promised me a lot, and I had no choice but to give him my body, which he devoured pleasurably.

How would I know he is was just lying to get his way and boast among his friends.

Now, I am heading to the Royal Pack house, not like his Luna, but just like a slave who would be rejected by her mate. The most hurtful part was that I was passing through all this for a vampire man who was already out of my life; out of the pack, far away from me. He would never come back to see me. He would forget I ever existed and find his mate who would love him happily with him.

I was so dumb as to not think of this until it was too late.

Finally, the cart stopped, and my heart grew so heavy that I struggled to breathe. Every part of me trembled at the thought of what I would be facing inside there.