Chapter 35

Blake's POV.

Never in my life have I been this confused. My eyes were on the girl that was just whipped, and I can't tell why i was feeling concerned about her cries. She was in deep pain and had even fallen off the desk when the men stopped hitting her, showing how exhausted she was.

I watched her eyes shut as she lost consciousness. My brows arched when my heart clenched with a little pain, which I don't know where it crept in. It hurt me that the strange girl was beaten to the extent of fainting.

Why? Who is she?

That was the question I asked myself while gazing at her face.

"How dare you stop what I was doing?" I heard someone yell, but as much as I wanted to check who it was, I still couldn't take my eyes off the tortured girl who was motionless on the floor with her legs bleeding.

She had been flogged so brutally that her skin was torn and swollen. I kept wondering what she must have done. From her appearance and scent, she was a werewolf and not a vampire or demon, so why would they treat her this way?

"Torian, I never knew you were a monster, an evil and heartless creature that should rot in hell." I heard Jace yell back, and the name Torian made a significant strike in my memory.

It seemed like I had heard the name before, but where and when was what I couldn't remember.

I raised my head and looked around only to see all the girls staring at me with wet eyes filled with admiration. I could see them primping and drooling. Some will look away shyly when my eyes meet theirs.

Yuck! so disgusting.

"Jace, you have no right to put an end to this. Do you know what Lola did? She spat on my mate's face. She really had the guts to spurt her dirty, smelly spit into Sophia's ear!" The guy Jace just called Torian thundered, and I was forced to look at him. With his aura, I guessed he must have alpha blood. He possessed authority, and everyone was literally afraid of him.

"What if I do? Look, she has fainted! Do you want her dead?" Jace bawled in great anger, walking over to where she lay.

"If you touch her, I will fight you till you die!" Torian threatened, and those words really made me shudder as my brows arched in amazement.

"Please don't risk your life..." Another feminine voice was heard, and I turned to see a young girl holding Jace's hand with tears all over her eyes.

She looked like his lover and was the girl who was almost flogged too. Jace had saved her first, immediately he got into the class.

"You mean I should let Lola die?" He growled while breathing heavily.

"I don't want her dead either, but you stand no chance with Torian. I don't want to lose you. Lola might also be killed afterwards, making your sacrifice useless," she whimpered, kneeling to beg him.

Wow....

The werewolves are really interesting.

"Now go back to your seat," Torian ordered Jace, snorting.

"She should not die! Remember she remains your first mate even when you've rejected her." Jace ranted, but Torian seemed too angry to listen to him.

"Now guys, let's check if she is acting as if she has fainted by giving her three whips on her face. Make sure it creates a visible tear!" This was the next statement I heard from Torian, and it made my heart skip a beat as I felt more pangs in my heart.

My gaze flashed at the poor girl, and her beautiful face made me feel so bad to hear that it would be smeared with scars.

I hated the werewolves so much and was only waiting for Jace to take me to where I would sit. Nothing about them should trouble me, not even the dying girl.