Chapter 15

I'm out cleaning the house as I had been ordered to do. From staying with my parents and enjoying their love and care, to becoming a slave who wasn't only rejected and hated by everyone, but also taken away from my parents while they can do nothing to save me. They might have regret having me as their child. My mate has also rejected me, leaving my every being wracked with agony.

Now I would have to stand and watch him mate with the Beta's daughter. My life is messed up!

A heavy blow landed at the back of my head, snapping it forward with enough force to shatter the mirror in front of me, as well as creating a deep cut on my head and a bruise on my left cheek that shot intense pain which formed me to cry out loud as I dropped to the ground, pressing my palm on my bleeding head.

"How dare you stand in front of my mirror to check on your dirty and smelly face!" Sophia's voice yelled into my head, and I could only cry more as the pain from the cut went deeper. I felt a piece of the glass stuck inside my bleeding cheek, making me shake as terror mixed with agony quaked me.

"I ushered you in to clean the room. Instead, you stood there doing nothing!!" She screamed, and before I could open my eyes, which had been shut all this time, her kick pounded on my chest, hitting my ribs so hard that it cracked and panged my heart, causing a gasp to slip out of my lips as I lost the ability to scream.

"Please stop... please stop hitting me!" I begged, but she seemed to have had a bad dream about me and had woken up from the wrong side of the bed. It should be too early to be angry at me I hadn't wronged her, yet it seemed like I did a lot to her as rage was all that filled those blue eyes, causing them to glint at me.

"You are telling me what to do? A slave telling Luna to stop hitting her? What the hell!" She bawled, and my heart tore into two as she picked up the broken mirror.

"No!!!" I screeched as I saw the mirror raised over my face, but she was too furious, too mad at me for a reason I don't know. For real, she slammed it on my face, but I was quick to shield it with my arms and it was hell as it cut through my skin.

My scream echoed through the room and was compressed because there was a sound barrier around the room, preventing it from spreading. Even if there was no soundproof, it was still useless as no one would ever come to my rescue. Instead, I would be beaten more for waking them up.

"Why will this devil wake me up!!" As I rolled on the floor, consumed by that intense pain, I overheard Torian grunt angrily. Thick blood had streaked down my face and smeared my hair. That ability to bear pain was gone, and I could only cry and pray it would return as I was dying. The pain was eating me up and seemed to be pulling my spirit from my body.

"That devil came here and was applying my make-up on her face and dressing herself, instead of sweeping the room. She thought I was asleep again" Sophia whined to Torian, who fumed and hissed irritatedly at me.

My vision was blurred as the pain wasn't reducing at all.

" Wow, she is crying. Remember she never cried yesterday when we hit her?" Torian giggled and she laughed mockingly too.

"She is a witch who has lost her powers! Let's get prepared for school" she cooed at him turned to me as I dragged myself up with my blood spilling as I used my shirt to wipe my wet eyes so I could see clearly.

"With those wounds, you will follow us to school. The world has to see what Lola has turned to" she scoffed, and my eyes burned at her word. I darted my gaze straight to her face as anger swept through me, but my jaw dropped immediately at what I saw.

I scrubbed my eyes and squinted my eyes to be sure my vision wasn't playing tricks on me, but the more I scanned her face carefully, the more I realized it was real. My inner beast eyes just opened and I saw who Sophia truly was-A demon?

Her face was pale red and two sharp fangs shot out of her lips, black blood on her lips as her eyes went dark and hazy. I was still trying to figure out if it was all true when a strong demon scent struck my nostrils, pushing my legs backward and hitting me like a thunderbolt as I realized it was all real.

Could Sophia be a demon?

"Let's go get prepared for school, baby" she beamed at Torian, who glared and spat at me before snaking his hand around her waist, leaving me in horror as I was still seeing the demonic face and it chilled me to see him blind at it.

"If I return and you are yet to clean this whole place, especially that dirty blood of yours that has stained my room, I will surely skin you alive! And you heard her, you will join us for school, so never think of delaying!" Torian blurted out, while I fixed my gaze on Sophia, who now had a huge smirk on her face.

They both walked away while I stood awestruck at what I saw.

Is Sophia really a demon in disguise? When? How?

"Try to stop me and I will kill you!" I heard her voice suddenly, and raised my head to realize that she had mysteriously spoken into my mind.

"How possible was that?" I mused to myself as I dragged my weak and miserable body up from the floor. I was so confused and scared at the same time. Everything that had just happened made my head go numb as I gasped for breath, feeling the heavy thud of my heart. I could no longer feel the pain from the wound on my head as I quivered and swallowed hard, praying it was a dream.

How could Sophia be a demon?

If she is one, how did she become the Beta's daughter? How did she hide her scent from everyone, and just now she warned me not to try to stop her; that means she is here on a mission; she is here to carry out a plan that no one is aware of.

"Lola, please let's clean this room before they return. Please, I won't want them to hit us again" I heard my wolf plead soberly, telling me how deeply sad she was to see me pass through this torture and rejection. Her tone made my heart twitch on realizing she was also feeling the same pain as me as my inner wolf.

"But how can Sophia be a demon and no one know? How the hell did I even see her true nature? Where did I get those powers? " I sighed as everything that was coming was wreaking havoc inside me.

"But we won't want them to hit us again. Please let's round this up and leave so you can treat your wound and look a bit better before going to school with them" my wolf mumbled with her tone shrilly and aligned with pain that made tears gather in my eyes as I picked up the broom and started sweeping.

As I bent over to the ground, the pain from the cut on my forehead struck me so hard that I began to cry as I kept on sweeping. My tears were blurring my vision, but I refuse to stop because doing so would result in another round of beatings that could kill me.

I wanted to die, but now I needed life more. I want to live and find out what my life will turn out to be. From having a strange power, to finding out Sophia was a demon in disguise, I'm sure a lot is going to happen in the future, and I would love to see what it will be like.

My mate has made the biggest mistake of his life by accepting her. The entire pack is in danger! Who knows? The Beta might also be a demon, and they may be here for a deadly mission. I don't feel sorry for them, and Sophia shouldn't be disturbed because I won't try to stop her. Never!

I hastened up and was done in a few minutes, but it seemed like my head would fall off as I rose. It was banging so hard. With a heavy gasp, I stretched my body and cracked some joints like my waist, neck, and fingers, which were stiff, before heading out immediately as I heard their footsteps coming from the bathroom. I won't want them to ever see me in the room again.

I got out and hurried to the kitchen to dish out the food and set it all on the dining table for the Alpha, Luna, Torian, and his new mate. I woke up so early, even though I slept so late last night, that I only had to do all that was required to avoid their slaps and kicks.