Chapter 36

Blake's POV

Words can't explain exactly what was wrong with me. It was so weird to me, but yet I couldn't stop. It was like a greater force was pushing me to do it. Yes, the force of attraction toward the poor girl was stronger than my hatred for the werewolves.

Jace was shocked when I saved her from Torian's hand, but was more stunned when I told them I would be staying back to check on her immediately after the doctors were done treating her.

They had both left me in the school clinic ward and went back to the classroom. After a few minutes, the doctor came out and informed me that I could go in and see her. The way my heart had clenched and thudded in excitement was so strange and beyond my understanding.

Without wasting any single second, I had hurried in and sat beside her bed, staring straight into her face, admiring and wondering what magic she was performing on me. I had never met her before, yet it seemed like we had fallen in love before. How else can I explain saving and caring for a random werewolf who everyone treats like a slave?

Why were her cries hurting me? That had really left me bedazzled, and now, I could only stare at her face and wonder who she was.

It was at that moment that she finally opened her eyes. Those deep blue eyes, like a polished gem, opened and fell on mine. They were shimmering beautifully and seemed to be entrancing me. I was about to say something when she screamed my name.

It was so shocking that I thought it was a hallucination at first. I really thought I was having an illusion when she called out my real name. I doubted my ears weren't playing pranks on me.

"Blake!!! Where have you been? Why did you leave me to suffer? Do you know I almost died? They almost killed me for saving you." She cried out, her sweet voice resonating in my ears and spreading through my brain.

Her eyes were teary and filled with passion and deep love as she sat up quickly, looking into my face like she was searching for something in my eyes. I was so confused at how she knew my real name, which I had kept hidden. Even if Jace had told her, how would I explain what she had just uttered? She just asked where I had been. She really asked why I left her to suffer.

"Blake, why are you just looking at me without saying anything? You saved me from Torian, right?" Her weak but melodious voice sounded again, striking into my head and heart at the same time.

"Yes... I saved you from Torian. He wanted to give you scars on your pretty face. I was touched and felt like saving you even when I never wished to. " My reply dropped off, and I clearly saw her eyes widen in shock as she cringed.

"What is it?" I asked, and the shock in her eyes turned to fear and sadness.

"What is happening, Blake? Why do you sound so cold and... Have you forgotten about me so quickly? Or..." She purred and held my hand while she peered into my eyes, letting those tears drop freely.

I was obviously feeling sorry for her. Her tears were showing pure pain and it seemed like she really knew me, and not just that, we must have been lovers before. She sounded like we had once been in love, while I can't remember ever seeing her face before.

"What is your name?" I asked and a sharp scream fell out of her lips suddenly as she sprang up from the bed, cringing away from me while shaking her head sideways.

"Blake, you have really lost your mind. You can't remember Lola, the girl who risked her life to save you from being caught by our hunters. I took you into my room and also stole the antidote from my parents' room just to make sure you didn't die. I have always waited for the day I would meet you again, as you are the only one I have got now. Only for you to have forgotten me!" She cried out, her lips wavering and more tears pouring down her eyes.