Chapter 14

The scene of our first meeting was something that felt like a soothing balm. Each time it crossed my heart, I become softhearted and would only feel the urge to smile and wish to see her again. Especially that moment when she ran to get the drug, when she screamed and leaned close to my face to check if I was dead already; also that point when she sat on the stool beside the bed, locking her pretty eyes with mine.

"You can't kill her, right?" My mother bawled, breaking my world of thoughts as I cringed and pulled my head up to look at them. Both were standing in front of me with rage filled in their eyes like a lake of fire.

"I can...." My voice dropped out like a gasp, every hair on my body shooting up as I chilled at everything happening. I couldn't believe it, or could I tell what I would do. My parents won't spare her, and I fear what my mother will do next with her magic powers.

"Blake, when did you turn into a coward? Your sister wouldn't have given that man a chance if he was a werewolf. He could only get her because he was a vampire working for the enemy, but now you have a werewolf as your mate and you're falling in love with her? You want to die? You want the throne to be taken away from my generation? Is that it?" Dad growled as he took heavy steps closer to me, glaring and grunting as every muscle in his body swelled.

"I just said, i will kill her. Yes, I can kill her. I'm not falling in love!" I sighed and it seemed to make my mother so mad as she shot an invisible whip at my legs, causing a loud cry to shoot off my lips as I fell to the floor.

"What did she give you? Is it a love portion? You have never fallen in love and a werewolf can't soften your stony heart at first sight!!" She yelled while Dad grumbled and moved back to his throne, sat and buried his face in his palm.

Mom's question made me realize how much my mate had softened my heart towards her by saving me.

"You have no idea what I can do." Mom shrugged and sat beside Daddy.

"She saved me, that's it. After she saved me, I found it hard to pay back by killing her." I spoke out, but no one was listening, as my mother leaned her head on dad's shoulder while he sagged his face down in silence, but I knew they were talking to each other through their minds and that scared me.

"Do you both hear me?....But it doesn't mean I can't kill her. I didn't know her pack killed my sister. Now that I know, I won't spare her! ... I pro...." My voice cut as I gulped at that word. Was I trying to promise it just now?

"You can leave!" Mom finally spoke out, and I furrowed my brows at her, wondering what she meant.

"You mean?"... I squinted my eyes.

"You can leave. We are done talking with you. Leave, I will be having a meeting with the elders now and the maids need to arrange this place," Dad replied dryly, every emotion gone as they both seemed to have something hidden in their hearts.

"We aren't done." I stuttered, rising to my feet.

"You've already told us you're going to kill her, haven't you? Then let's see. " Mom hissed and walked away to her room while Dad called in the maids to arrange the room for the meeting, while I stood like a statue, wondering and racking my brain about what would be on their mind. I had always feared my mother because of her special abilities, and now I am certain she had something planned with my father.

Gosh! Now I'm scared for my mate. I was caring so deeply for her, and it was clear my stony heart was melting.

Lola's POV.

The tears in my eyes never paused for a second as I shuffled my weak and wobbling legs to their room with a broom and dustpan. My stomach was crying out so loudly for food as my heavy eyes kept shutting themselves while I battled to keep them open.