Chapter 32

Lola's POV

Hot tears warmed up in my eyes again and threatened to fall, but I sniffed and pushed them back while dishing out the food. My eyes glanced around and I hissed in more sadness on seeing the three guards who always stay in the kitchen to watch me cook and dish out food.

He was positioned there to make sure I never poisoned the food. He would keep staring straight at me with nothing but suspicion.

I had never thought of poisoning anyone since my stay in the royal pack house, but just now, it crossed my mind and I felt the greatest desire and urge to find one and spray in the Alpha's food so he would eat and die.

The burden in my heart won't stop making my eyes wet. Every second, my heart would be reminded that my beloved parents were already gone forever and their killer was out there fully alive.

I hate myself for being weak. Even the strange beast in me seemed to be asleep too, as it was never going to show itself. Not even when my parents were being tortured. Why didn't it make me strong and powerful enough to save them from the cold hand of death?

I dished out the last portion and dried my wet eyes well before carrying the tray.

"Make sure your dirty tears don't enter the food!" One of the guards in the kitchen huffed in disgust while I rolled my eyes at him, taking quick steps away.

The anger burning in me wouldn't even let me talk anymore.

On getting to the dining room, they were already sitting around the table chatting cheerfully and laughing at the jokes Alpha Daren would tell. My parents are already forgotten. Yes, like every other hunter out there, they would be buried as heroes  who lost their lives protecting the pack when their deaths were never caused by that.

The devil right here killed them and would cover his act like it was nothing.

I dropped the food on the table and spun, heading away immediately as my whole body seemed to heat up at their presence. Everyone was like a sting to my flesh, and I was growling inside me. My wolf was panting and snarling at the fury that was taking over my system.

I thought I had felt the deepest pain when I faced those tortures and insults in the past, but I was wrong. It was never compared to watching the death of your parents, feeling every single extraction of life from the body.

Hot tears gathered in my eyes, and I quickened my steps away to hide it from Daren. I felt ashamed to cry in front of him.

"I am sorry for your parents' death. We are all sorry, but why would you point out the alpha as their killer? They died as heroes, saving us. None of us wanted them dead, even when they had a horrible child like you" The Luna broke the silence, and I paused my pace. Without turning back at her, I hissed and walked away.

"Did you just hiss at the Luna?"  Alpha Daren growled, banging his fist on the table. This forced me to stop and pause again.

I swirled and faced him with my wet eyes as sadness and anger covered my heart. He had risen from his chair, anger written all over his face, with hatred visible in his eyes as he glared at me.

I had thought the devil was in hell. I thought the evil ones were the vampires and demons, but that was a not true. The alpha standing in front of me now is the real devil, and it hurts so much that he kept it all hidden. I had met a vampire who was never like what I was made to believe they were.

"Yes I did. You can kill me for that. You have never cared for anyone's lives" I replied bluntly before heading upstairs. It was clear in his eyes that he was going to kill me very soon. I don't know where the courage came from, and I knew how dangerous it was to talk back at the alpha that way, but at that moment, I gave no damn.