Chapter 61

"You remember me?" I chirped, tears filling my eyes. Tears of joy and intense excitement as it all seemed like a dream, yet was happening for real. She recalled my face and just mentioned my name.

"Yes, she can remember everything." I heard the voice of her mother from behind as she walked out from the inside to meet us at the door.

We broke the hug and held hands, and I grinned at her mother, who was all smiles as she gazed at both of us.

"We knew you would survive and come back for her, so after you performed that ritual, we hurried to a witch doctor who broke it, since it was not late already. She was able to make it futile." Her mother explained with glee in her eyes.

"I would have hated you for the rest of my life if I ever woke up and couldn't remember you. For goodness sake, how the hell did you plan to do that to me?!!" Bella bawled at me, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"I am so sorry, I was just impulsive and acted rashly. I was stupid!" My voice cracked with emotion as I said these words. My heart was racing with unending joy that made me feel like I would burst.

"I understand. At least, everything went fine, and here we are, together!" Bella squeaked, hugging and clutching my hand as if I would disappear if she released it.

"How did you escape? That is the most important thing to me," Bella's father chipped in, as he also stepped out, yawning afterwards. It was night, and our voices must have woken him from his sleep.

"Oh yes, how did you leave that pack unhurt without Sophia getting hold of you? I hope she didn't send a spy to track you?" Bella's mother added, and a wide smile crossed my face on recalling how it all happened, especially the sweet part of Lola being alive and healthy, living with the love of her life.

"Lola and Blake saved me. They found their way into the pack and came to me in the room where I was locked up. Just like a dream, I was rescued and they also helped me to find this pack before leaving" I explained, feeling overly excited as we all got into the packhouse.

"So, Lola is staying with the vampire in his Kingdom? How is that possible?" Bella's father asked just as we all settled into the sitting room.

"I think Lola is a hybrid and that made her able to hide her wolf nature from being fished out," I replied, resting my back on the couch to catch some rest after being exhausted from running all day.

"So you mean..."

"Dad, please, save your questions till tomorrow. He has to bathe and sleep after walking a long distance in search of me," Bella interjected and helped me up from the chair with that alluring smile that made me lose my mind.

"I am too tired to walk," I whined jokingly, but before I could even tell her I wasn't serious, she already backed me up, carrying me like a baby up the stairs.

"I was joking!" My voice squealed out as I laughed, but she wasn't letting me down anytime soon.

Her parents were all smiles, and seeing them looking at us from behind really made me feel giddy. I was going to start a new life with my mate. I have no one in my pack to call a family or friend since Torian has lost his mind. I think this will be my new home and the place I am going to love till death.

-

Liya POV

It was the morning of the next day, and the first thing I did was to sneak out of the pack to inform my friend of the bad news that was going to break her heart. It was going to make her angry and sad, but I also had good news that would bring a smile to her face.

My name is Liya and, as everyone believed, I am deaf, but what they didn't know is that I was deaf and not anymore. After several treatments and medications, my ears are wide open, but I decided to keep it a secret so I will be able to hear some hidden secrets, as everyone won't mind saying them in my presence with the belief that I was deaf.

Wondering about the friend I was about to meet and what I wanted to tell her? Okay, I will give you a tip.

She is the daughter of the Royal bad adviser to the vampire king and among the girl that had fallen deeply in love with Blake only to be shunned and pushed away regularly by him, till she stopped coming over in shame.

We became friends after she decided to help me regain my sense of hearing. She was also the one that gave me the idea of keeping my healing a miracle, and I must say she had done herself a great thing, because right now, I just heard the secret that could make her become the queen of this kingdom.

The bad news was that Blake had found the woman he loved, but the good news is that I had also found out she was the same wolf that was ordered to be killed, and the most interesting part is that I have also heard what can blow up her cover and make everyone see her wolf nature.

Silver.

It was morning, and I was already hearing many voices downstairs. I know the vampire king must have called his friends and fellow royal members to announce his son's new lover and is surely going to celebrate it.

The young girl must think she is wise to get his heart and hide her secret, but it will all end soon, because my friend will spill it out.

A wide grin filled my face as I locked the door to my room after dressing up in a casual cleaner's clothes to avoid anyone noticing I was sneaking out. Just as I was done locking the door and facing the hallway to leave, someone burst into a loud cry from behind.

The sound was so sharp and intense that I couldn't help but turn sharply, only to see Blake's new lover staring at me with furrowed brows that showed how suspicious she was.

"Good morning, ma. You scared me by standing right behind me without making any sound. Oh, I am sorry, you must have called me, but I am deaf to hear it" I fumbled, bowing low in respect as I struggled to keep my breathing normal.

Was it obvious that her scream caught my attention, and why the hell would she do that? Clearly, to check if I was truly deaf. I don't know if I have been caught or not.

"You are not deaf." She stated, and I could hear her footsteps coming closer to me. I stayed in that position, knowing that I was not supposed to hear anything. No matter what, I shouldn't act like there was any sound around me.

"You heard what I said in my room last night and must be pretending to be deaf so you will..." Her words stopped me that moment, and I had to raise my head to stare at her dumbly in pretense.

"I am sorry if no one had told you. I can't hear anything, and seeing your mouth shake shows you are saying something to me. Please it can be written on a paper so I can read it." I spluttered with a bow, but her face kept contorting into grimace that tells nothing but utmost doubt.

She doesn't seem to believe a single word from my lips. Her eyes were filled with anger as she drew closer.