Chapter 57

Alpha Daren's POV

"What is written in that letter? Why are you in panic?" I heard Sophia ask, but I couldn't turn back to her to say anything. I quickly left the room, panting and trying hard to hold myself from destroying everything around me as rage and fear engulfed me.

I can't believe what I read in the letter was real, but that could only explain why Lola was able to survive being killed in the vampire clan, and it is also an explanation of how she was able to come on here and rescue Jace without anyone noticing.

As I sprinted straight into my room, I could see everyone's stares darting at me due to how I kept puffing. No one would understand the danger that was setting in. The terror that was about to destroy me in the near future.

They all looked perplexed and perplexed, especially as I was musing to myself; I knew those guards and Sophia, who saw me hide the letter, would have a lot on their minds, but how would I explain to them that my life is at stake?

My nightmares were coming to reality, and it seemed like karma was really knocking at the door. I can remember how shattered Lola was after watching me kill her parents. I can still recall how she screamed in deep agony and pain, pleading that I should let them live.

But I was too enraged to hear her out. I was so protective of my power source that I was willing to kill anyone who even hinted at it, but little did I know I had just created an enemy for myself, not just an enemy, but the very person who would tear me down.

My greatest mistake was not killing Lola all this time while I had the opportunity. All this time, she was living here as a slave. Now that she has found out her true identity, it is impossible to get her killed. Once her vampire mate marks her, all her mysterious powers will be unlocked and no one can ever defeat her. She is a rare hybrid, the last of her kind. She is the only one who can open that room and destroy it all. The witch who made those powers for me had warned that I should never make enemies with a hybrid because they are the only ones who can easily bring me down without stress.

Lola had just threatened to come back for me in this letter. She stated it clearly that she knew about my source of powers and would be back shortly to end my life. Oh God! I can't believe this is happening!!

With a loud thud, I slumped on the bed, feeling my heart grow heavy. I regret ever killing her parents. Maybe if I had not murdered them, she might have mercy on me and spare my life.

A knock sounded at the door, but I had no strength to respond. I have never been this worried in my entire life. This fear was crawling up my skin and making my hair rise, forcing sweat to form all over my face and neck.

I kept racking my brain to find out what to do next, but all it could do was cause me a headache with nothing registering in it. My past crimes are coming back to haunt me.

"Alpha, we couldn't find any trace of Lola or Jace in the entire pack," I heard one of my royal guards announce from the door, making me hiss as I wiped the sweat dripping into my eyes.

How will they track her down when she can run faster than the wind, covering every trace of scent from herself and anyone she has been with?

"You can never find her. Go away," I huffed in frustration, burying my face into my palm.

"Oh, I am doomed!" My lips broke out into a muffled cry as I also recalled that my son was recovering from being stabbed. Lola must have done that to him, which means she hates not just me but also my son.

If only my stupid son had accepted her as his mate, then I would be safe now. The whole pack had rejected, hated, and tortured the one person who could either destroy or protect us.