Chapter 26

After a thousand hisses and a dragging pace, I got to the class, which was quite empty as others had gone out for a break. My eyes roamed around and fell on Jace, who was sitting calmly at his desk, looking at the space without moving. I clearly notice the wet eyes and clenched jaw with his heavy breath that tell me how bad he feels.

He looked pained and enraged at the same time, but all that never altered with his cuteness, which seemed to be clearer and more overwhelming in my eyes at that moment.

I sighted a bandage on the side of his head, leaving me gasping and gritting my teeth, feeling suddenly pained and angry that he had the wound. 

I scurried to where he sat, even before realizing how weird it was.

"Who dared to injure you?" I threw the question at him suddenly, which really made him flinch a bit, before looking up at me, his face showing clearly how surprised he was.

"Bella, are you asking me that?" He asked, his countenance drifting into a frown.

I was ashamed for a few seconds, but stayed strong as I swallowed the lumps and took a deep breath. He was looking into my eyes, and I was literally melting at the beauty hidden in there. 

God... How didn't I realize how cute he was? Even if Torian beats him in being perfect, this guy here is taking away my breath.

"Can you get out of my sight, bitch!" That was the next word I heard from him, followed by laughter erupting from the students who were in the class and watching us.

My jaw dropped and hot tears welled up and blinded my eyes as his words hurt me differently. I don't know why I felt so pained, especially as I saw the unconcerned look on his face.

My tears weren't moving him at all, and he looked like he was going to hit me if I stayed a little longer.

"You called me a bitch?" I gulped my breath as I mumbled those words, trying hard to hide how terrible I felt.

There was a surprise look that crossed his face as he peered at me. His eyes were scanning my eyes like he was looking for something.

"You are crying because I called you a bitch? This isn't the first time a guy has said it to you. I've heard Torian and the rest blurt it out to your face. All you do is walk away. Why cry at mine?" He queried, looking stunned.

"It is painful to hear it from you, because....I think I have feelings for...you. Jace, I have this thought that we might be mates. I really feel attracted to you just now" I spilled out with every ounce of courage I ever had. My heart thudded hard inside my chest as I looked into his eyes, praying he would at least consider it.

Maybe, he will also like me.

"Bella...I hate you so much that I will not hesitate to kill you at the slightest chance. You disgust me, and I feel like puking after hearing those vile words you just said to me. After seeing what you did to Lola, I swore to do you the same, and you are here, saying rubbish!!" He snorted and spat before standing up from his chair.

"Cheap whore!" He added and shrugged me off of his path before stomping out, anger oozing from his whole figure.

Once again, there was laughter from every corner of the class. I couldn't talk anymore as shame flushed my cheeks and melted my legs...

Does it mean Jace loves Lola?

Does it mean he was serious about protecting her for real? Protecting someone who saved a vampire is like mingling with a leper! I thought all he did for her not long ago was merely out of pity, but I was totally wrong! With the emotions I saw in his eyes now, Jace is surely in love with Lola!

Oh no! Not again!

Without waiting any longer, I ran out, chasing after Jace, running after him like my life depended on meeting him. My heart seemed to be bleeding like it had been stabbed with thousands of knives. I couldn't understand why, yet I knew it was something deeper than I could explain with words.

This was the strangest moment of my life, and as I thought about it while running, my head began to pound as my emotions wreaked.

I got out and began to look around for Jace. His face was all that clouded my mind. I feel so angry at myself for recalling that he hates me because I hurt Lola. Now I really wish I hadn't done it. Maybe I would have gotten a chance with him.

It is so shocking to me that I just got this obsession with him at that single glance in the classroom, but as weird as it was, I still couldn't push it back. The pain of his rejection strikes so hard that my heart pangs continuously. When he called me a bitch, I felt like my world had crumbled, especially with the resentment in his eyes.

I kept asking the several students around me, and finally they told me where he was. in the school garden.

I dashed off to the place immediately. I was going to plead for forgiveness and promise never to hurt Lola. All I crave is his love. I don't think I needed Torian the way I desired him this time.

I look crazy and stupid, but that is the shameful truth.

I wafted into the garden like a wind, and my eyes widened in shock at what they saw. Lying around the place were the dead bodies of the few students who must have decided to spend time in the garden. They were all murdered brutally.

Shrills of horror swept through me, causing goosebumps to spread across my skin as my legs stuck to the ground with my entire being shaking.

The thought of Jace being the killer of almost 10,000 students really shook me. Then I thought of a serial killer attacking the garden and killing Jace among the other students.

This made me gasp as I quickly broke away from my stiff mode, running around, searching for Jace among the students' dead bodies scattered around. I went further into the garden, and suddenly heard a voice.

"If you don't help me get enrolled, I will kill you!" That were the words I heard from the roughest and scariest voice my ears had ever heard. The tone was filled with pure horror that made my blood run cold.

"I... will... please spare me," Jace said, his voice muffled as if choked.

My eyes popped as I trembled so hard. My breath seemed to be seized with fear, which consumed me.

"We will meet again tomorrow for the enrollment process. My real identity must be hidden. What is your name?" The devilish voice asked.

"My name is Jace" I heard Jace reply with heavy breaths.

"Nice one. Mine is Blake, the Vampire Prince. But you'd be given a new name and a new identity tomorrow when I would become a new student here " The last statement was followed by a husky laugh.

The vampire prince is here?