Chapter 31

A full bucket of water splashed all over my body, jerking me from the sleep that had drifted me away from reality. My eyes fluttered wide as I used my palm to rub off the water on my face so I could clearly see who did it.

"What the hell are you doing on the floor? Sleeping? " Torian's voice rang in my head, and I quickly stood up in fear, but my brain was hazed at that moment. I could see him all dressed up for school, and that really put me in more confusion about how I ended up sleeping on the floor instead of getting prepared for school too.

"Are you keeping quiet about my question? You haven't even set the food on the dining table and here you are dozing peacefully?" His brows were all raised as he snorted and sneered at me like trash.

"I am sorry..." I mumbled and swallowed the lump in my throat while shivering a bit from the chills i was feeling due to the water that had drenched me up.

"I think you are tired of living. Maybe it is the right time you get banned and turn rogue, ending your life miserably. Yes, you should be devoured by other creatures and have your body fed on by vultures so you will have a little importance. useless being!" He spat out angrily before stomping out with heavy steps that make you wonder if he was having a problem with the floor he was stepping on.

I let out a deep sigh of relief. At least I was lucky not to have received any beatings. Even when those words he just said were painful, it was still better than getting slapped, punched, or kicked.

Without waiting any longer, I scurried out of the room, heading straight to the kitchen, but as soon as my feet touched the sitting room, I felt so uneasy, with my head spinning and getting me all confused. I paused my pace and exhaled deeply, closing my eyes and trying to get my heart to stop racing.

Overwhelming sadness engulfed my heart at that moment, and I already felt my eyes searing with hot tears as my lips quivered while I clenched my teeth to hold myself from crying.

I was breathing heavily and roughly, growling as strange scenes began to flash through my memories. I could hear faint cries, but couldn't recognize the face or voice. The next thing I heard was the whishes of the whip landing on someone's skin and leaving them groaning and grunting in deep pain.

All this looked real, and I was beginning to get familiar with it. My head was trying to send a message to me, but it seemed like I had lost the ability to recall anything.

"The hint to finding the room is inside my room!" I heard it clearly inside my head. The voice of my father. Not in the regular cheerful tone, but with extreme pain and torture vivid in every word.

"What are you standing there doing?" Someone growled behind me, and my eyes flung open as I spun.

My gaze fell on his face, and as much as I knew he was one of the Alpha's bodyguards, there was something striking about his face. It was banging right inside my head. His face had a message that was sent to my soul.

"Are you glaring at me? You daughter of ingrate fools!" He yelled and gripped my wrist, pulling me up from the floor, but I made no attempt to free myself. Even when he slapped me, I didn't move nor do anything. Something was ringing in my head, and I was fighting hard to shove it away, even when it was displayed right in front of my inner mind.

I remembered why I slept on the floor of my room. The dried streak of tears on my cheeks and the intense sadness and pain in my heart, the reason for all this has exploded into my brain like a time bomb.

The bloody scene was playing once again inside my head, wreaking my emotions and shattering every bit of me. I also recall the guard standing in front of me. He was the one who took me into the palace to see my parents being tortured by the Alpha.

Not only were they tortured, but they were killed. My parents are dead!

"No!!!!!!!" My lips burst open as I cried out in extreme sadness, so unbearable that I fell heavily on the floor, rolling and shaking terribly. It seemed like my world had ended as it dawned on me that there was no one to call father and mother. My deepest pain was that they died because they were trying to save me.

"Daddy, Mommy! Please tell me you are not gone forever! Tell me it was all a nightmare and you will both come see me soon!," My shrills resonated through the entire building, and even as I heard footsteps and voices around me, I couldn't stop.

It was the darkest moment of my life. Not only had they just died, but they had been killed by the Alpha, the same man they had taken so many risks to protect the pack. After being a hunter for so many years, I had watched them get deep cuts and gashes from the pack enemies.

At the end, the same man who they called their friend had killed them. The Alpha murdered my parents!!

"What is wrong with her? What happened?" I heard voices all around me and opened my blurry eyes only to see the Alpha, who was standing beside his Luna, staring at me with a confused look like the others.

"Lola, have you gone mad? Where is the food I was to eat?" Torian thundered, but an outburst of laughter erupted from my lips instead, as I fixed my gaze on the Alpha, standing up on my feet slowly.

"You think you have succeeded after killing my parents, right?!" I growled and dried my eyes.

There were looks of confusion on everyone's faces, and it hurt me much deeper when the Alpha also stared at me with a frown, acting all confused like he knew nothing of what I was saying.

"Who killed your parents? Are they dead?" Alpha Daren threw that question in my face, staring at me with arched brows.

"Yes, Are your parents dead? How did you know? And how could you point to the Alpha as their killer?" One of the guards shot at me.

"Go and fetch her parents here right now!" The Luna ordered, and the guards bowed, hurrying away.

"But how dare you raise your voice at the Alpha?!" That same guard that had taken me to witness my parents' death chipped in, pulling out his whip.

"You are about to beat me like he did to my parents? Go on... don't just lash me, kill me also! End my life!" I shrieked and fell to my knees as every part of my body became too weak to carry me.

Torian stepped closer to me angrily, squatting as he peered into my face.

"It seems you are really tired of living, but killing you now would be a waste. You have to suffer for a while before dying!" Torian scoffed, gripping and tugging at my hair.

"It's all because of Sophia. I still kept her alive. I should have turned her into a rogue a long time ago" I heard Daren's voice followed by his hiss.

"You will regret the day you decided to keep me alive!" I mused and swallowed hard before looking up.

Just then, the guards rushed in, breathing heavily.

Everyone turned to them sharply with questioning looks.

"What happened? Where are her parents and why are you all breathing heavily like you were chased?" The Alpha beat everyone to asking first.

"We saw them lying in the pool of their blood in their house, dead with their hearts ripped off!" One of them finally spoke out, and it was like a hammer hit me on the head, forcing hot tears to stream down my cheeks more and more.

It was all true that Alpha had done as he said. To kill my parents and frame it as an attack by the vampires.

"The vampires had succeeded in taking the lives of my best hunters!!" Daren screeched and gritted his teeth while the Luna burst into a cry. Torian only waggled his head, groaning, while Sophia seemed to be calculating a lot in her head as she kept throwing glances at me and the Alpha.

Since they are dead, I have to be strong and kill their murderer, who is standing right here in front of me.

I packed my hair into a bun and dried my eyes with the back of my palm. Rage was boiling inside me, trying to force me into attacking the pretentious alpha, but I fought back and kept calm.

"I will get you all foods served. They were killed by vampires, right? It's fine." I mumbled and walked away, pained to the core.

I must exact my vengeance on the Alpha very soon. He will pay with his life!