Chapter 38

Sophia's POV

I felt a sharp pang in my heart while drawing my legs forward to where he was. The thudding in my heart was becoming faster and louder as I swallowed the lumps in my throat.

He had looked away and didn't turn his face to me again. Those frowns kept going deeper, like he hated my presence in the class. I couldn't help but wonder why he suddenly hated me.

I can be called the most beautiful girl in this entire school and also a Beta's daughter with royal blood. Many people wanted to have me, so what makes his case unique? He Just got enrolled and it seemed like we had been enemies for centuries.

Lola, who was a commoner and a slave, was the one that got his interest. As much as I wanted to believe he had no feelings for her, I was still doubtful after seeing the way he got lost staring at her when he first entered the class, and he had even gone ahead to take her to the clinic for treatment.

Lola seems to be the one he is concerned about, and I won't mind killing her. Yes, I will kill Lola if that is what it takes to make him mine.

Looking at his flawless and cute face now made my heart wrench as I began to draw closer to him. I was already imagining kissing him and lying on his muscular arms. His light skin looks fresh and, recalling that Lola had laid on his arms, made me grunt.

Gosh!

The whole class was staring at me, yet I never cared. All my attention was on Jason. He was the type of man I badly wanted. Never have I felt this drawn to any man. I haven't thought of ever falling in love after my heart has been clouded with revenge.

As I got to where he sat, his fresh and intoxicating earthly scent hit my nose and spread throughout my entire being, causing tears to form in my eyes. I was falling harder, and it was hurting me so much to see how he threw his face away from me.

Even as I was beside him, he never cast a single glance or acted like I was there. Once again, I thought of why he sharply flashed a look at the door when I came in.

Lola?

No, it can't be!

No one in this world will choose Lola over me. She is like garbage, dirty and ugly. Not only that, she betrayed the wolf community and should be abhorred and rejected by everyone.

I think when I tell Jason how she betrayed the wolf community by saving a vampire, he will kill whatever feelings he has for her.

Blake's POV.

I never realized how much I was eager and getting antsy waiting for Lola to come into the class till I heard footsteps. The rush at which I pulled my head and directed it to the door was too extreme and noticeable to anyone who was close to me.

After leaving her back there in the school clinic ward, I suddenly became restless while sitting here in the class. The thought of her being beaten again by Torian or Sophia was something that kept wrenching my heart in a way I don't understand.

It was beyond my power not to check the door when I heard footsteps, even when I was fuming in hatred and anger towards the wolves who claimed to be good while they were all evil. I shouldn't care about anyone in the werewolf pack after knowing what they did to my sister.

Yes, not long ago, I walked away from Lola and stated clearly that I cared for no one. I thought I was serious, not until now. It was so clear those words were bluff as I was still wishing to see Lola's beautiful face. I might hate every other wolf, but Lola seemed to be different, even if I didn't know why or what made her exceptional in my eyes.

The snort of disgust that slipped out of my lips was beyond my power to hide, as I was so irritated and felt like throwing up when my eyes fell on the last person I wanted to see. I hated all the wolves, but I think I hated Sophia and Torian the most.