Chapter 40

Jace's POV

Everyone scampered away for safety, and I could see how Torian's grip slipped off Lola's neck before he took quick steps back, his legs trembling.

The werewolf scent was gone and replaced with that strong royal scent and the heart-wrenching aura of a vampire, which left everyone terrified to the core. I knew, in no distant time, the hunters would be here to hunt him down, as every wolf here would quickly send a mind link to the hunters' base. They would come in large numbers, and it wasn't going to be easy for him.

"You are a vampire?" Sophia's voice was stressed out as she grunted, peering at him, but Jason seemed to have lost his mind entirely as his eyeballs glowed in strange colors and his gaze was fixed on Lola.

"You... are..." You are mine. " His husky voice rolled out again, each word at a time. This time, it wasn't laced with anger, but passion. He was looking straight into Lola's face like that was where his life depended on it.

"Blake..." Lola cried out, blinking tears as she dragged herself up from the ground. She was the only one who wasn't afraid of Blake and had gotten the courage to make any move. Every other living thing in the classroom had frozen into the scary form of Blake.

I had always heard stories about vampires, but never in my life had I seen one. The fangs were so pointed and sharp that they could clearly cut through steel. His skin was dry and dead with those glowing eyes, giving him the monster look. But what frightened me the most was his increased size and bulky muscles, which were already tearing his school uniform.

His dark hair flowed down to his back region.

"I can remember you now. Who dared to hurt you in front of me?" Blake added, taking graceful steps forward to Lola. The aura around him made the environment tense, and I was already feeling my inner wolf tremble.

Vampires are our greatest, and here is one. But why isn't he killing us all as we had been told? Yes, the Alpha and elders had always made us believe they were ferocious and wild when in the vampire form, killing every wolf they sighted without restraint.

Lola's POV

I was crying. I was shaking terribly as I watched his claws draw closer to my eyes. My head was on fire, burning with intense pain that seemed to sear my skin. My blood was dripping down my face till I could taste it seeping into my mouth.

It was like hell as my body shook in response to every wave of inexplicable pain that burned through me like a wildfire.

My back, which was badly wounded from the teacher's whip, had torn open again after being bandaged in the school hospital, causing a stinging sensation all around it while blood trickled down to my legs.

I was about to lose my eyes and arm. That was the order from Sophia, which I knew without doubt that Torian would carry out. The terror was becoming reality with everyone watching without making any move to save me. Jace was the only one to make an attempt while the man that had caused me all this sat and stared at me with a blank expression.

He didn't seem bothered, or was hiding it, but in all, he wasn't coming to save me. After now, my pretty face would be gone, and not just that, I would never get to see the handsome face of Blake again. My world would be in peak darkness with hallucinations hunting me day and night.

This was enough to make me shake more vigorously. Maybe I would be able to save myself, but the beast in front of me was bent on putting me through that trauma forever as he punched my face so hard that I felt my face swelling up with my vision going bleak.

My blood forced out my lips as my face hurt so much, more than I could bear. Blood was almost covering every part of it. I knew I was passing out as my strength sapped out.