Chapter 46

Blake's POV

"Are you not going to school today?" I heard my mother's voice from the door and spun my head in the direction to meet her standing right at the door staring at me with both hands placed on her waist.

I drifted my eyes to the wall clock and saw it wasn't just late, but had already passed the break time. It was already 12:00. I didn't even know how long I had lain on the bed, but I was sure I had never slept for a second. Sleep seems to have run far away from me since last night as my entire mind and senses were fixed on Lola.

My heart was racing like never before. The excitement was more extreme than I ever imagined. I had never been this happy in my life. It took away the sleep from my eyes and I was already imagining having her here with me.

I really can't wait to find a way to hide her wolf scent. I badly want to feel her touch again and again. I want her eyes to rest on me. Those lips. I want to kiss them so badly. I don't know what to say, but I think I have found my obsession.

"Blake!"

The scream jolted me out of my reverie, and I sat up from the bed, looking around until my gaze fell on my mother, who was staring at me with raised brows.

"What took your entire senses just now? "What were you thinking that you forgot to answer my question and won't even respond when I called your name?" She half-yelled, her eyes wide with confusion and astonishment.

I sighed and began quickly racking my brain to find the best lie to tell her.

"You met that wolf girl in school? You remembered her even after everything I did." Mom's suddenly blurted out. Her voice resonated inside me, forcing my gaze to be drawn to her as I flinched a bit while she walked closer to me.

"You really made me lose my memories of her. Why? Why would you do such?" I found myself huffing those questions angrily at my mother.

She kept silent and dragged a stool, which she sat on, facing me closely.

"What really happened yesterday? Tell me." She asked, and I shuddered, looking away with a deep grunt rumbling inside my throat. Once again, I regretted having a mother like her.

Her witch powers are making her tough to handle as she finds out the slightest lie so easily.

"I already told you what happened. So what? I said it clearly that I was just so angry and killed those hunters after they joked with me that I was looking like a werewolf because of whatever you did to me." I responded bluntly, making sure to avoid my mother's sharp eyes, which seemed like they could see into my heart.

"That was a good lie, but how would you expect me to believe that? I am your mother. I just didn't want to put you in a tight moment in the presence of your father. I pretended to believe the lie. Blake, tell me why you killed those Hunters..." She inquired calmly, her voice strong and stern.

I turned my gaze back to her and saw her eyes fill with suspicion. I kept swallowing the lumps in my throat as my brain suddenly went blank. Lying to my mother is just so hard. Even just her eyes would make you forget that lie you studied for hours.

From her voice, I noticed she knew a lot and just needed me to say it out loud.

"What if I say I am not giving you a reply to that question?" I frowned in exasperation.

For the first time, I felt the urge to yell and curse at my mother and walk away.

"Oh, you just made it obvious that all you said yesterday were pure lies." She burst into laughter, which died down in a few seconds.