Chapter 63

"Vienna, what are you doing here?" Blake half-yelled at the young girl who had just walked in, and I knew her name was Vienna, but I don't know who she was or why her presence enraged Blake.

Immediately after Blake asked her that question, she giggled and turned her gaze to me, raising her left brow and smirking, making a crazy smirk that made me shiver a bit as something crossed my mind. Could she be the one who the deaf girl had told the secret to? Because that is the only thing that explained the smirk she was sending to me.

"She is the one, right?" Vienna chuckled, her gaze shifting from me to Blake, who was already irritated by the so-called Vienna's attitude.

"How dare you step your feet here? Aren't you ashamed? I thought you'd grown up to realize that you are making a nuisance of yourself by forcing yourself on a guy who has no single trace of feelings for you!" Blake snorted, peering straight at her face as his fists clenched.

"Hey, son, calm down. Why are you acting like this? She might have come to congratulate you like every other person here!" The Alpha chimed in, but Vienna's smiles were so fishy that it just kept telling us that something wasn't right.

"Blake, you should calm down. We really need to talk after the party, but before then, I would like to know while my friend is beaten and lying on the ground like a slave!" She huffed, looking at everyone in the room. Her smiling face contorted into an angry look in an instant.

"Daughter, please have a seat. She really deserved those hits after playing deaf when she had already been healed!" A man among the visitors explained it to her, and I glanced at him to see the resemblance. He was obviously her father.

"Really? Okay, who hit her? And why was she beaten already? What if she has a reason for keeping it secret? In fact, I am the one that told her not to tell anyone." Vienna shouted at everyone with no fear in her eyes. Not even the Alpha or Blake could make her lower her voice.

"Vienna, what has come over you?" The woman sitting beside her father, questioned, and the woman's face also revealed that she was Vienna's mother.

All I could do was stand there and repeat silent prayers for my nightmares to remain nightmares. Although it was a bit obvious, I still prayed and hoped that Liya hadn't told anyone.

"You have gone mad and I can see it clearly! See how you're shouting at everyone here? It is clear you are drunk!" Blake scoffed, and she burst into laughter.

"You hit her and brought her here to be punished. Aren't you afraid in any way? For real? You think you are safe doing this? Even if you are safe, what about her?" She smirked again, flashing a wink at me, and it all became clear to me that she already knew my secret.

"What are you talking about, Vienna?" Blake breathed, his voice calm now as it also dawned on him that Vienna knew it all, and was doing us a favour by not spitting it out here and now.

"You know what I am talking about, but trust me, I am not a bad person. Just tell them to free my friend and treat those wounds," she grinned, licking her lower lips dramatically.

"What is going on between the both of you?" The Luna inquired, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"Nothing!" Blake snapped and turned to the guards.

"Let her go. I was acting rashly. Vienna is right. Hiding the fact that she was healed could be a precaution to save her from the same enemies who had made her deaf in the first place," Blake added with a shrug, every word coming out like it was forced out.

"But...." The Alpha made to interject, but Blake wasn't ready to hear anything else.

"Daddy, no "but" please let my command be carried out. She is innocent and hadn't harmed anyone here before, so she shouldn't be punished."