Chapter 65

The Alpha POV

There was enmity between the werewolves and vampires, but what we had for the demons was way deeper than hatred. We all dread them and regard them as enemies to the moon goddess because they worship the devil.

In history, it was said that the devil almost raped the moon goddess out of lust for her beauty. The supreme one divided them, giving each the power to create their own living being who would be under them.

Demons were under the devil while we served the moon goddess, and the demon had never crossed paths with us, and neither did we. It was like two souls that could never meet. I don't know what the demons looked like, but each step I took forward kept making my heart thump very hard.

I was sweaty and couldn't stop gasping for breath as Sophia led the way through the forest on this chilling midnight. Even with the cool swirling breeze hitting my skin, I couldn't stop sweating as I knew I was about to do something more evil than I had ever done.

It is true I killed 5000 werewolves, but it was to gain power and protect them, which I did well. Yes, I have always protected them from every attack. Now, here I am, walking along this forbidden path to meet the demons, not for powers, but to connive with them and bring the vampires and Lola down.

I don't know what I should be expecting and there lies my fear. The rumours about the demons are always scary and evil, but I had never met them because most people hadn't met them but believed those stories.

"Sophia, how can a werewolf become a demon? We all know you as Beta's daughter, yet you claim to be a demon." I sighed, yelping in fright. I don't even know what I was afraid of.

"You just need the heart demon to become one. It doesn't matter if you are a vampire or werewolf, or even human," she replied without a glance at me.

"With the heart demon, will you have powers like magic or spells?" I inquired, and she nodded.

"Yes, you will be able to use spells and control things with your mind. It is something you will love to try, especially as you badly want to rule over the vampire clan and get Lola killed.

"Those spells can be used to protect my pack. Why are demons seen as evil spirits? With their magic and spells, we can be the most powerful pack, " I stated with a lopsided smile, feeling excited.

I could now imagine having both the powers from the demons and those which I got from killing those werewolves for rituals. I will really be invincible!

My eyes darted at Sophia and I could see how drawn and deem her face and eyes were. She looked so unhappy and disturbed, also lost in some kind of thoughts that I couldn't understand what they were.

"You don't look..."

"Stop talking, we are there already!" She shunned me and I was about to look around when something hit my head and I blacked out. I lost consciousness.

Sophia's POV

Hot tears gathered in my eyes while I sniffed, yelped, and gulped, just to push it back and act like nothing was happening.

He was so free-minded and didn't ever once act like he was going to lose anything from conniving with demons who were serving the devil, even after knowing clearly that the devil had always wanted to destroy the moon goddess' creation.

Selling your heart to the devil will make him control you beyond your powers, and even as you look normal to everyone else, it wasn't as it appeared. You will live like a robot and the most painful part was that you will be controlled for most of the crucial parts of your life.

That moment when you want to save the one you love but hear the devil ordering you to kill him. He wouldn't take away your feelings of pity or love; he would leave them in you and yet control your mind to kill, so you'd live the rest of your life in agony and guilt.