Chapter 30

Sophia's POV.

I walked into my father's packhouse this morning and saw him sitting on a stool gazing straight at my mother's phone hung on the wall. The photo was the most beautiful and clear, displayed how gorgeous my mother was. Her glistening blue eyes and perfect jawline with heart-shaped lips were so inviting to kiss.

I was standing behind my father and could hear his muffled cry, filled with bitterness and anguish. My eyes went up to my mother's face, and I felt that pang in my heart, which triggered tears from my eyes, but I sniffed it all back. I wasn't going to cry again.

It is so painful that my beautiful mother was a victim of rape and brutal murder by the alpha who should have protected his pack members.

"Do you know why I called you here?" My father's rough voice broke through, followed by his muffled sob as he bowed his face into his palm.

"Tell me." I sighed, feeling so pitiful and sad at my father's state. He must have been this way all day, especially when he would see his dead wife's picture hung on the wall every time he turned around, reminding him of her brutal death.

"The demon king has found out the source of Alpha Darren's powers." Dad's words rang in my ears like a bell, resonating and spreading around me that intense happiness, which made my blood run cold as shivers ran through me.

"Really? Tell me. Dad, please tell me what the demon king found! Mom is waiting for our revenge, and we can't keep wasting time on destroying that devil named Darren!" I growled, clenching my fist and gritting my teeth as I fumed in rage.

My eyes swept past the picture of my beautiful mother again, and I felt that pang in my heart, followed by a flash from the past. Those sweet memories with my mother were something I will never forget. Alpha Daren just put an end to all that. It is a terror to my heart that he is still alive.

"You remember that night when there was sorrow? When death roamed around and took many she-wolves like it was a curse," Dad grunted, and I nodded as I recalled also losing my friend.

"Yes, it was terrible and more painful that the killer hadn't been found till now" I sighed with a hiss of anger.

"The killer has been found," I heard Dad say, and my eyes popped open in shock.

"Dad, are you for real?" I gasped, as anger razed me like a fire in me. Now I badly want to hear who the killer was. I won't spare him for taking one of my best friends.

"Yes...Alpha Daren killed 5000 she-wolves to create an elixir that gave him that invincibility. We can only destroy him by finding out the room where he kept the elixir, star dust, and magic wand, which were formed from the souls and hearts of those she-wolves he killed." Dad explained, sighing deeply while burying his face in his palm.

"How will I find the room?" I asked, swallowing the huge lump that formed in my throat as my eyes welled up with tears. I felt each part of me burning in pure rage and pain.

Daren had caused more harm to me. He killed my mother and my best friends. Now I am ready to offer my life if that is the sacrifice that would end him. I won't hesitate. I will never waste a second doing it. All I want to see is him dead!

"No one knows where this room is, but I believe Daren can tell Torian his son, especially as he would be the next alpha after him and add to the fact that he loves him so much. Torian loves you so much. Get him to find this secret for us. Do all you can... we can't keep letting that monster live!" Dad grunted, sadness and grief laced in his tone.

Without saying any other word, I walked out, drying my eyes with the back of my palm. My breath was so rough and heavy. The anger burning in me was like a wild fire spreading out to every part of me.

Alpha Daren's POV

Oh God, how lucky was I?

Was this how I would lose all I had sacrificed for?

How did Lola's parents find out the path to this room inside the Royal Pack House? And not just that, they almost opened it and walked in.

That would have been the end of my greatness. I will lose it all and become a weakling. The witch had warned me sternly that no one should ever find this room.

Gosh!

My luck was that they had come at the same time I was to visit the room, and that made us meet.

They claimed they didn't know anything about the room, but that was a complete lie! Keeping them alive was like endangering my life, so I had to kill them immediately. I thought they were loyal to me, but it must all be a plan to bring me down.

Woah!

I got into my room and saw my mate still sleeping peacefully, making me smile. I had to drug her before going to deal with Lola's parents. I won't want her to find out anything. Torian's room is far from the palace, and it is still early in the morning, so he must be asleep with his new mate.

My name is Alpha Daren, a name feared by everyone both in the pack and outside the pack. Who will not fear me when I have never lost a battle and have been the reason why peace has reigned in my whole years of being the Alpha?

Yes, I am the most powerful and dreaded Alpha among the werewolf community because nobody can kill me.

Everyone in the pack praises me for making them a highly respected pack without knowing I paid with their lives.

I will soon need another 5000 she-wolves to increase my powers so I can attack the vampires. They hadn't waged war, but I craved rulling over them. So I will kill another 5000 members of my pack to get more powers. Lola will be among them this time.