Chapter 17

Lola's POV.

The sun had risen brightly, making the earth shine under it while I sniffed back tears and wiped away the endless sweat that had covered my entire face. My heart was so heavy that I thought it would fall off. I was so weak, dizzy, drowsy, and sleepy, as everything would keep spinning around me. I had almost fallen countless times, but would succeed in saving my skull from crashing on the irons and hard woods around the house.

I wasn't used to being a slave and had been kind of lazy from being the only child of my parents. Yes, they took care of everything I wanted in life without letting me do anything. Life had been a bed of roses all along in the past. I now have to wake early to not just cook, but to sweep the entire building, which was too large for three people, not to speak of one.

All the maids and omegas had been dismissed, and I was to do it all. The worst part was that I would be joining Torian and Sophia to school, which had made them threaten to beat me to pulp if I caused them to go late to school.

Although my flesh had closed up and the wound was healing fast, I still feel pains accompanied by a sharp headache that seemed like it was pulling my brain out of my skull, causing hot tears to gather in my eyes and also drop continuously on the floor.

The pain in my heart can't be compared to anything. I felt like I should die as my weak legs shook at each step I took along the hallways with the broom which I used to sweep. Everywhere was littered with dirt, just as if it was kept there intentionally, as I can't see any reason why the royal palace would be filled with such dirt. I was so weak, yet I knew how dangerous it would be if I left without completing the cleaning.

Each time I passed a group of maids and omegas, they would all laugh mockingly at me, causing my muffled cry to burst out as I thought of the past. That sweet past, which was the life every lady would long to have.

After what seemed like an eternity to me, I was done. Every part of my body was drenched in sweat, which made my gown stick to my body. I was reeking; having the stench of what seemed like that of a dead rat, which made me sob bitterly as I scanned my eyes around for a nearby room so I could sneak in and bathe quickly before Torian or Sophia comes to take me to school, which was all because they wanted me to be scorned, jeered and berated with a lot of insults and hurtful words from the students.

My room is far from here, so I have to bath in any nearby free room, since there are many here in the Royal Pack house.

As I tried to wonder why Sophia was doing this to me, I recalled she was a demon and that made me sigh tiredly as my eyes hurt from the hotness of my tears, which seemed like they were searing my eyes out of their sockets.

I finally saw an empty room and dashed in secretly, as everyone was already downstairs eating, including the Alpha and Luna. I padded into the room, finding the ensuit of the room, and took the brush. After cleaning my teeth so well, I pulled down my dirty gown and was about to turn on the shower when the door of the bathroom gave way, immediately causing me to spring to where my clothes were lying so I would cover my nakedness.

"What is this smelly pig doing here?" I heard Torian's seethe, but I ignored him and put on my panties and gown hastily as the tears in my eyes welled up again. Shame flushed my cheeks, causing them to burn, being aware that he was looking straight at me as I put on my clothes.

"Were you trying to bath?" He asked with disgust and hatred filled in his tone, and I looked up at him with my teary eyes, which didn't seem to affect him a bit as the coldness in his hazel eyes was still clear and sharp.

"Why did you hate me this much? Where exactly did I go wrong? You jilted me since you needed just sex from me. I understand, but hating me to this extent doesn't look normal. What did I do?" I cried out as my body shivered in the searing pain of the mate bond I was still carrying in my blood.

My wolf was still deeply attached to him, and my heart still longs for him as my mate, and the fact that I would never have him because he had rejected me made every part of my heart burn like it was placed in a lake of fire.

He stared at me for some seconds without saying anything, I peered into his eyes and noticed it had got a little warmth, which later vanished and was replaced with that hatred again.

"You are a monster, and all I want is to make life hell for you! I hope you are ready to face the students who await your return because I will tell them how you connived with a vampire to kill me, so you will save him all because I dumped you for the Beta's daughter" he stated with a mean tone and a scary countenance that panged my heart as I thought of how disastrous it could be.

"Will you really say it all in front of the school? You know, wolves from other packs in different parts of America attend it too. My name will be dragged through the mud, I will be regarded as a curse, and everyone will despise me raw and deep, as if I were a rogue.Please don't do that! Torture me in every other way, but please don't...." My voice was cut off with a slap that struck my cheek and snapped my head sideways, blood spurting from my mouth as I bit my lips.

"You don't tell me what to do, scum!" He spat and gripped my hair, which he pulled forward. I cried and pleaded as my hair seemed to be searing away from my skull with extreme pain that made my whole body throb, but Torian was far from hearing my cries. It was like I was laughing as he yanked it more and more blood trickled from my head with some of my hair plucking off.

I was in immeasurable pain and was crying out loud till he released his grip as we got downstairs. He pushed me to the floor and I sighed in relief, thinking it was over. Not until I opened my eyes and saw the Alpha standing in front of me with his Luna and Sophia, all having intense resentment in their eyes as they darted it at me like a spear.

"She snuck into my second room to bathe her smelly body! If a maid hadn't reported it to me, she would have used my bathroom. This pig would bathe in my...... ahhh! So disgusting!" He spat and bit his lower lips while I sat in immense fear at the gaze they were all sending at me.

My body is so tired from the tiresome chores which I had succeeded in finishing, and now, getting beaten was something I knew I wouldn't survive. Every part of me was broken, especially when I saw Torian treat me this way.

"You were the one who requested we keep her alive!!" The Alpha snorted at Sophia with a hiss before he walked away closer to me with heavy steps that hit the floor and my heart with terror as I dragged my frail body back in horror.

He gripped my neck at that moment and pulled me up.

"Please, forgive....." My voice hitched as his punch landed on my face, causing a cut on my lips immediately. I screeched and shook as a wave of unimaginable pain coursed through me.

"You are smelling so bad!" He grunted and yanked me away as he quickly took out his napkin, cleaning his palm like he had touched dung before spitting at me, walking away almost immediately, his Luna following behind without saying anything.

"Let us go dress up for school" Sophia cooed at Torian, and I picked myself up immediately, ignoring the pain as I pounced on the leftovers of food on the table, eating and licking the whole plate before taking it away. I wasn't filled, but at least, I got something in my belly.

Just as I dropped the plate in the sink and started to walk out, Sophia walked in.

"Hey, you heard what I spoke to you through my mind, right?" She stated, straightening her school uniform, which fit her so well with her blonde hair, which she allowed to flow down her back smoothly.