Chapter 37

I sat there on the ground watching his receding figure as it disappeared. He really walked out of the ward and left me in the hands of Torian and Sophia. The last words he said pierced my heart so deeply that I lost my breath. There was an intense hatred and rage in his eyes when he said those words...

I couldn't see any warmth or pity. It was so clear that he didn't care about me. For real, he had lost his memories and doesn't remember me anymore. I was like a stranger to him. All the sacrifices I had made, which had destroyed my life and resulted in the death of my parents, were all in vain as he couldn't recall anymore.

Hot tears warmed up in my eyes as my heart grew heavier in pain, thumping hard as the urge to cry pumped hard inside me. My eyes were still stuck at the door where he had just passed through. My pitiful self wished he would suddenly come back and save me from Torian, but it was all part of those wishes that never came to reality.

"Did he just call me a fool? And he wiped his hands with a napkin? Treating me like trash?" Sophia fumed, turning to me with anger burning in her eyes like hell.

I had never seen her this furious before, and it shook me when my eyes fell on hers.

"Are you falling for him?" Torian suddenly asked, furrowing his brows intently. There was confusion written all over his face.

"Get lost!" Sophia snorted and turned to me, taking slow steps forward. All I could see in her eyes was rage.

"Sophia, please don't tell me you will leave me for him..." Torian chipped in, his voice sounding broken and pained.

Sophia's POV

I felt so irritated, so angry, so frustrated and mad. Everything seemed to be spinning around me, battering my emotions. I feel like killing everybody and destroying everything around me.

I have never felt this way before. I just wished it wasn't happening for real. Maybe someway, somehow he was joking. But the more I think about it, the more I feel my heart shatter, especially when I remember he actually cleaned his hands and every part I had touched him.

Not only that, his eyes had said a lot. The intense hatred in it when he looked at me and how extreme the disgust in his voice was

Was I a fool to think he cared for Lola? Did he help her for nothing? He had also stayed here to check on her. What was all that for?

I was feeling ashamed of myself. Jason's words really struck me hard.

My gaze was on Lola, and I felt nothing but the immense desire to kill and shred her body into tiny pieces. Rage was burning in me like a wildfire. The rejection of Jason was the most painful thing that had ever happened to me.

Hearing Torian ask if I was falling for Jason and pleading with me not to leave him made me not only angry, but also so irritated that I couldn't even respond to him.

If only he knew how much I hated his presence in my life. The fact that he is the son of my greatest enemy won't stop making him disgust me, especially at the fact that he treats me like his mate. I won't hesitate to chop off his head when I finally find the room.

As I looked at Lola, I recalled that Jason really carried her in his arms. She had really rested in his arms. The man I am madly in love with won't stop making me jealous.

"I can remember you called me a shameless girl and said Jason could never like me. Why do you think so? Why do you think he will never like me?" I found myself asking Lola.

"He just said he doesn't care about you. Then why did he save you from Torian and bring you here? Not only that, but he stayed with you here! Why? And how?" I fumed more, my heart burning in jealousy at the thought that Jason really loved her at first sight and might be pretending.

"Because he took you here for treatment doesn't mean he loves you. Hope you aren't thinking he has feelings for you?" I paused and laughed mockingly.

"He just said it here. You heard him state clearly that he cared for no one!" I added and hissed as my heart seemed to swell in envy.

"Sophia...." Torian called out from the corner, and that was even when I noticed his presence. My name called from his lips so irritated me that I headed straight to the door, leaving and ignoring him.

He ran to me and fell to his knees, holding my hand just when I was about to leave through the door. I turned my gaze sharply at him and there were already tears in those eyes. It was so clear how pained he was.

"Sophia, please, you are hurting me so much. If I have offended you, please tell me and I will do anything to get your mercy, but don't leave me. You are the only one to be my Luna, my lifetime mate. Please don't leave me for anyone." He kept pleading, grasping my hand as more tears rolled down.

Every single word was irritating. His touch was disgusting and my skin prickled at it.

Just as I was about to pull away my hand, I recalled what my father had mentioned.

"Torian, ask your father where he got the powers to be this invincible and great that he had never lost a war. Find out the secret of his powers and I will not leave you. You have one week to find it. Once you fail, then just know I will reject you and be with Jason!" I blurted, and without waiting for any word from him, I wriggled out my palm and sprinted to the class.

It was break over already and I couldn't understand why I was running. The urge was much. Even when he had bluntly rejected me, I still craved to meet him in class.

He was the first man that had caught my entire attention at first sight. His face is like a light to my soul. It is hard to understand how a single guy can appear this cute and perfect.

"I must have him!"

I mumbled those words to myself, but something crossed my mind, sending a wave of anger and jealousy all through me.

At that moment, he was lost staring at Lola just when he first stepped into the class with Jace. The way he had carefully swaddled her in his arms without fearing Torian. He seemed to be ready to even fight Torian for her. Not only that, he had also stayed back to take care of her.

Oh God!

I can't imagine having my first crush falling for Lola.

After what seemed like an eternity, I got to the classroom, stood at the door for some seconds, taking deep breaths as I was suddenly feeling tense and sweaty. My heart was thumping hard inside my chest at the thought of meeting Jason. His eyes seem to steal my breath and make me lose my mind.

I don't know how and why all this is happening to me. Never had I thought of falling for anyone, not even Torian, who had been ranked the cutest and most admired, could get my attention.

I had never fallen for anyone, but now I knew I was already going giddy. All I wanted was Jason. I just met him today, and I am going insane. I'm even shy and nervous about entering the classroom because he was there.

I finally got the courage and walked in, and I saw how he sharply pulled his head, shooting a very quick gaze at the door like he was waiting for someone. It was just exactly like he was looking forward to seeing someone walk in.

But as soon as his eyes fell on me, he looked away and snorted, disgustingly. Disappointment was written vividly all over his face. It was damn clear I wasn't the one he was expecting.

My cheeks flushed in shame at this, and my legs suddenly grew weak to take me to my seat.

Could it be Lola he was expecting?