Chapter 59

Blake's POV

For some minutes, I was lost, staring into those beautiful blue eyes, sparkling like ripples in the ocean. It was shimmering like she was about to cry. Her eyes were locked with mine as she let out a bright smile, which made my heart skip a beat and clench.

She stood up from the bed and walked closer to me, forcing my breath to hang as I gulped in admiration. The figure in front of me was nothing different from perfection.

"You are so beautiful," I breathed, yelping as I felt a bit of a struggle to breathe. She was really taking away my breath.

"You are so adorable and perfect that I feel unworthy to have you," she replied, biting her lower lip and taking my palm into hers without breaking the eye contact that was driving me insane.

This wasn't the first time I would be this close to her, but this time around, it felt so magical, her alluring scent seemed more overwhelming, and every gaze into her smiling face kept causing my heart to race.

It was like I was falling in love over and over again. I don't just know this is what love feels like. My first experience, yet it felt like I had been in love for ages. I guess that is how it feels when you meet the right person.

"Thank you for saving my life. Now I am out of that hell of a pack. All because you chose to make a lot of sacrifices for my sake." She mumbled, directing my palm to her soft and chubby cheeks while a few drops of tears rolled down to my palm.

I let out a muffled laugh while pinning my eyes on her angelic face.

"I should be the one thanking you for breaking those walls around my heart. You made me become a normal being after I had wallowed in darkness for years. You appeared into my life like a light and changed everything about me. Lola, I love you" My voice was under my breath as I said those words because it seemed like they were coming from the core of my soul.

I meant every single letter and wanted her to feel the unending depth of my love for her in those words.

Just as she was about to say something, a knock was heard on the door, and she cringed away from me, clutching her hands together with a little bow, pretending as a maid.

"Who is there?" I shouted while we shared a wide smile at each other.

"Your mother. I am here to invite you and your personal maid to dinner. " The voice of my mother squealed in, followed by a muffled laugh of excitement.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked while walking over to the door.

"Nothing " she replied sharply as I unlocked the door to meet her cheeks all flushed. She gasped, stealing quick glances into the room, but I was wise enough to cover it all with my body while leaving the door half open.

"The food is ready and I prepared it myself, so you can't say no to mommy's food, unless she will be hurt." My mother grinned, her wet eyes filled with emotions as she looked at my face. All I could sense from her tone was happiness, a deep one. And I don't need a soothsayer to know what caused all that.

She is really giddy over the fact that I am finally in love. It must have been a dream come true for her that her son, who she had lost all hope of finding a mate for, finally has someone he is close to. If only she knew the same girl inside my room was the same she ordered to be killed, the same wolf girl who she vowed never to allow close to me.

"Since when did you start cooking dishes for me once again? And since when did you take over the work of the maids to come and call me out for dinner? Last question, what is all that happiness in your eyes all about?" I threw those questions, trying hard to sound cold, which was impossible because I wasn't angry anymore.