Chapter 2- Seoul Music Awards

January 19th, 2017:

We did ISAC once again on the 16th. This time, the number of ARMY attending was much larger. Maybe because I had been so immersed in the trial and my initial recovery from the trauma to realise just how successful the October comeback had been. Of course, I knew it was popular and it broke nearly all of our records, but the growth of the fanbase was only now really noticeable now that I was seeing actual physical human beings in front of me. It warmed my heart and burdened it at the same time.

As per usual, I did the 60m women's race and since there was no ssireum this year, that was it. I had been determined to win gold in the race given I'd always placed, but never won it. However, I had once again been defeated and had to settle for silver. The boys had changed up the 400x4 race by taking out Taehyung and Jimin and inserting Yoongi and Namjoon. It was definitely an interesting watch and we won silver only by virtue of another team messing up. The boys still had fun though and that was what mattered, that was what I said over and over to them at least. They had also participated in the archery and completely failed, Taehyung even missing the entire target board at one point. I stepped in at the end for fun, since we had no chance of winning, and scored them their highest score (it had been 7)of 9. We had also gotten in trouble for interacting with the fans too much and overstepping the boundaries placed for the idols to stand which meant we kept getting told off, but honestly, we just kept having fun with ARMY. That was really why we were there.

Today, we were at the final award show of the season: Seoul Music Awards. We were coming up to the red carpet in two vans and were preparing to get out. I had sat in a back seat to ensure that one of the boys would be out to hold a blanket out for me as I came out due to the suit dress I was wearing. It was matched with tall black platform heels and a silver brooch which matched the two rows of buttons lining the dress. I liked the outfit a lot, it made me feel like the boss. It felt nice.
I was in the first van, and I handed Hoseok the blanket I had used in the car to cover me as I got out. Hoseok also looked away being the gentleman that he is.

"All good," I whisper. Hoseok quickly folds the blanket and puts it back in the car. We then followed the rest of the group that had continued to make their way to the carpet. I held on to Hoseok's arm since we were walking quite fast and with the heels I was wearing, going too fast made me unsteady. He then helps me up the stairs, placing himself to the side of the cameras to protect me given how short my dress was. I pat his back as a thanks and we separated ways to line up in the order we usually did.

There was once again a large amount of ARMY behind the press section shouting with signs. It was strange to think even just a year ago, the press wouldn't have been taking as many photos and most fans would be wanting us to move on so their group could come faster. We were becoming a serious group, or we were a big group now...

After the interview, we're guided to the tables inside the venue. We were at a table between EXO and Seventeen. I saw Gfriend already seated at a table behind us and go to give SinB and Eunha a quick hug before going to sit with the boys at the table. All the artists finally arrived, Jennie hugging me as she walked in, and the award started.

Taehyung and Jungkook were totally letting loose for nearly every performance, it was crazy. It would have been borderline embarrassing if I wasn't the type of person to join in. In fact, everyone joined in at some point, even Yoongi.

Early on, we won best music video and best male dance performance. And just before we were set to leave to change for our performance, we won a bonsang. As I got up to go to the stage to give our speech, I rounded the table and my heel stepped on the tablecloth. Jungkook tried to stop it from falling but he pressed so hard on the table that he made it fall over. I was so surprised, and with the sudden loose of balance from the tablecloth and the table falling, I fell with the table. Yoongi and Jungkook, who were the members still around burst out laughing at me. Jungkook helps me up as I embarrassedly laughed at myself. I could hear the boys, and groups around us (I could recognise SinB's laugh especially), laughing at me. Finally, with Jungkook's help, I made it up on the stage. Throughout the beginning of Seokjin's speech, I couldn't stop laughing at myself and hiding my face in Yoongi's shoulder. He just pat my shoulder and got me to look up finally. Jimin finishes up our speech and we go backstage to change for our performance.