Chapter 83- Alone in Vegas

Underlined = English

Underlined + Italycised = French

November 6th, 2017:

We had come back from our final overseas concert for the tour the night before. It was bittersweet to think we only had the finale concerts in Seoul left. The tour taught me so much and helped grow in so many different ways. It was also always fun performing and hearing ARMY's voices. I would be sad to see it end, though I would not miss how drained I'd become.

We now had to change our focus to the US, however. We had two weeks of promotions in LA starting on the 14th. The boys would be flying out on the 13th, but I was taking a flight this afternoon. The team had organised something for me to perform with Celine Dion. I would join her for two songs, including My Heart Will Go On and one of her French songs, at one of her residency shows in Vegas. It was on the 9th, but the flight was an overnight one and we needed time to get to Vegas and rehearse. So as a result, we landed last night from Macau, I was dropped off at home, I unpacked and then repacked my suitcase before going to bed to wake up early to get ready for the airport. To say I was tired was an understatement. I still spent a while deciding on my airport look of dark jeans with a tight, long-sleeve shirt matched with a dark buttoned jacket. I wore a cap and glasses, and I'd settled on my black, leather backpack as my travel bag.

I slept in the van to the airport and once we got there, it was only then I realised just how much having the boys acted as a comfort blanket for me. I had been told to wait while things were organised in the airport. From my window, I could see several cameras and a large crowd inside. I didn't know how they had found out given this schedule hadn't publicised or announced. I just sat in eerie silence, missing the jokes and conversation that would normally be happening with the boys.

"Okay, let's go," Yoona said opening the door.

As soon as I got out, the cameras started flashing. I kind of wished I'd brought sunglasses and not just plain ones. I stood before the crossing waiting for security to give me the green light. I felt so figuratively naked, it was strange. I didn't know what to do. I didn't have any members to talk to, joke with, or annoy, so I just stood there awkwardly holding my bag in my hands, looking around to finally get the thumbs up. I only had Iseul and the head guard with me today and only Iseul would be flying with me. We hadn't released this as an official schedule and overall didn't expect large crowds in LA, especially for just one member. 

Korea, however, was another story. Yoona and Hajoon (he wasn't coming to the US with us though) were rolling the bags behind me as I finally started walking into the airport. As soon as I crossed the main doors, fans, who had been makeshift-ly sectioned off because the airport had not planned for this given it wasn't a planned schedule, screamed in excitement. I waved and bowed to the fans; happy they were, so far, leaving me to my bubble. It didn't last, however. I was maybe fifteen steps into the airport when a few broke out from the barrier and everyone else followed. Iseul, who had already been near me, wrapped her arm around my back and her other arm out in front of us to create a barrier for any fans that got too close. There weren't hundreds of fans, maybe a hundred at most, but it was still quite a lot to handle for two security guards and two managers with suitcases. I kept waving and smiling, trying to look calm and hopefully send them some of that energy to get them to stay away. We get to the VIP check-in and I turn to the fans behind the official airport barriers, waving and bowing again, and thanking them for their support. Things could have turned out a lot worse, so I was still thankful for their somewhat restrained behaviour.

-----------------------------------------------------------

November 7th, 2017: