Chapter 75- Taking it Slow

September 27th, 2017:

Today we all had our own promotion schedules and since I couldn't find a time for dinner with Jiwoo, I had asked if she was willing to go on an early morning jog/hike instead. It could replace my morning gym workout and I felt like the fresh air would do me some good. Thankfully, Jiwoo had agreed to everything. She picked me up at 5:00 am and we had just arrived at Baukhan mountain at just before 6 am.

"I haven't been up this early in a long time," she says, getting out of the car, "the air is so crisp".

"Sorry," I frown slightly, shutting my door.

"No, this is good for me," she chuckles, "Sinae oppa's always making fun of me for sleeping in. He was shocked when I got up this morning".

"How's it going with him?" I ask, knowing they'd been going out for several months now.

"Good," she smiled, "he's such a sweetheart".

"Hoseok oppa tell you to be careful, be smart, and make good decisions cuz he doesn't want to pick up the pieces?" I say with a slightly annoyed tone scoffing.

Jiwoo laughs.

"No, but I assume you've received a similar message," she chuckles as we started up the mountain, "who are they worried about?".

I spent the next fifteen minutes explaining the whole situation to her including our first blind date, the club, my friend-zoning him and then un-friend-zoning him, his inconsistency despite the fact I knew he was into me, the boys' reservations, and our really good chemistry and producing.

"Jesus Y/N, how are you not out of breath," Jiwoo breathed, stopping and holding her side, "and you've been talking. What the f*ck, are you an Olympian?"

I laugh, handing her a water bottle from my bag. She gladly takes it.

"Well, that's the run down really," I say as we started to walk up again.

"Well," Jiwoo says, still processing everything, "this sounds like a complicated dilemma".

"Tell me about it," I shake my head, taking an extra big step due to a hole in the ground.

"You know the boys just mean well, right?" she asks, "I know for us girls we never ask for their advice and they give it anyway, and that gets annoying, but they are doing it out of deep care for us. And those boys, Y/N, they would put their bodies on the line for you. I know it's annoying and if I was you, I would probably be a little annoyed too, but they're really protective of you... and honestly, for good reason".

I don't answer. Instead, I just keep going up, lips pursed.

"Now about Hanbin," she said, panting a bit, "okay, let's slow down".

I chuckle and wait for her, walking quite slowly.