Chapter 50 - The Lies Best Friends Tell

May 12th, 2017:

We were all in the suite eating dinner at our own paces. Some staff were eating with us and were coming in and out as they finished their meals. Finally, it was just Jungkook and I as we had both come late. We were pretty much done eating when I lost patience and just had to ask him.

"There's something you haven't been telling right?" I say, trying to give him the chance to tell me himself.

Jungkook who had been scrolling through his phone looks up at me confused.

"No?..." he says, looking at me and then going back to his phone, "is there something you haven't been telling me?"

"No, I've told you everything going on in my life. I tell you everything," I frown, "so you seriously can't think of anything you haven't been telling me?"

"No... I mean I beat that level we've been struggling with..." he says thinking hard about what it could be, or looking like he was.

"Are you really being this thick?" I say baffled. I was getting upset he seemed to have almost normalized the fact he wasn't telling me about his relationship, and this was why he couldn't remember I didn't know.

Jungkook sighed tiredly. 

"Y/N, just f*cking tell me if there's something you think I'm not telling you," he says raising his voice slightly getting annoyed, "we're going around in circles here and it's getting stupid and annoying".

"Oh, you're annoyed!" I shoot back, my own voice raising, "I thought we were best friends Jungkook, guess I read that f*cking wrong".

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook said his eyes wide in confusion and what looked like annoyance, "you are my best friend. You're not f*cking jealous of Yugyeom, are you?"

He rolls his eyes and raises his eyebrow unimpressed.

"No, it's not f*cking Yugyeom," I say, my turn to roll my eyes, "I just seriously can't believe this".

How was he being this thick? Why didn't he just want to tell me instead of playing this stupid game of pretending to be oblivious?

"Then what the f*ck is it!" he shouted, standing up now in anger. He takes a deep breath before speaking again, "Y/N, I know you've been stressed, and it can't be easy for you right now, but you shouldn't be letting your anger out on me. It's not fair and annoying. I want to help, but whatever this is, is not the way to do it".

"I'm the one that's being not fair and annoying!" I exclaim in absolute shock at his audacity, "this isn't about all the grandfather cr*p–"

"Then what is it! F*cking tell me, spit it out!" Jungkook shouts cutting me off.

Jimin and Seokjin were slowly, tentatively creeping into the room. They must have heard our shouting from their rooms which were nearest to the suite.