Chapter 99- Wake Up and Show Up

November 21st, 2017:

I woke up to Yoona shaking me.

"Y/N, Y/N," Yoona said shaking me awake, "you're late, we have to go in fifteen".

I shot up upon registering what she'd said which took me a few seconds, my eyes wide open now.

"Sh*t," I mutter, already throwing myself off the bed and rushing to the bathroom, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry".

I slept right through my four alarms. I must have been unbelievably tired to sleep through so many alarms, especially since my body clock usually woke up early automatically. I hurriedly did my skincare routine, skipping over a few steps, and threw on some jeans and a hoodie over a plain black shirt not bothering to style anything like I usually would. In the meantime, Yoona was organizing my bag for the day.
Of all days to this, today was quite possibly the worst. We had to film the Ellen Show, an interview with Yahoo, and photoshoot with Vogue which would take up all afternoon. We would also have a rehearsal for MAMA late at night. It was a packed day, and this was not how I had wanted to start it. Unlike how I'd lost track of time before, we couldn't be late for Ellen today.

The boys were already in the van when I finally joined them. I still wasn't fully awake.

"You good?" Jimin asks as I jump into the van.

"Yeah, just slept through all my alarms," I say, catching my breath slightly from jogging to the van, "sorry everyone".

"It's okay, Jimin and Jungkook would too if Sejin didn't check up on them half the time," Namjoon smiles.

"Half is a bit high don't you think?" Jimin says insulted, turning around to look at Namjoon in the second row of the van.

"Seems right to me," Yoongi says seriously.

"Urgh, whatever," Jimin jokingly pouts, turning around, his arms folded.

As much as I wanted to go back to sleep on the drive to Ellen's studio, I knew I needed to wake up. I felt disconcerted not having been able to exercise let alone stretch as I usually did in the morning. I stretched as much as I could seated in a van to wake myself up more. I then took my phone out to answer all the texts I hadn't yesterday. I thanked everyone, including the Bad B*tches, IU and her gang, my family, Timothée, Celine Dion, Khalid, Halsey and Hanbin for the congratulatory messages.

(pre-performance texts)

Hanbin: Omg what? How did you get a cat? You adopt one in LA?

Hanbin: I need pictures! Name, everything!

Hanbin: Good luck your gonna do amazing! Watching from my phone 🧡

(post-performance texts)

Hanbin: Amazing performance babe!

Hanbin: Handled the mishap like a queen, you all did

Hanbin: So proud of you, def the best performance of the night from the other stages I watched